PDA

View Full Version : Morrison knee rehab clip

zag944
12-14-2007, 12:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3155129&n8pe6c=2&categoryId=2459788

Already off the crutches and moving around. Good stuff.

zag944
12-14-2007, 12:22 PM
hmmm, you have to click into it from the sidebar of that link

ZagNative
12-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks for finding and posting that link, Zag944. Looks encouraging.

CanadZag
12-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Good Luck to him.

I tore my ACL in August and am having surgery hopefully in February.
It plans to be a long winter and spring.

lawzag
12-14-2007, 02:47 PM
I could see the limp as he was walking on the threadmill, but does look promising to have him working/rehabing this quickly & generally ambulating with no crutches or brace! good luck AMMO!

GonzagaGurl08
12-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Glad to see Ammo is up and about. He's grown his hair and the stache is looking better too. He has almost a Johnny Depp look going.

ZagNative
12-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Glad to see Ammo is up and about. He's grown his hair and the stache is looking better too. He has almost a Johnny Depp look going.

Agreed. ;)

Image deleted.

juliezag
12-15-2007, 12:47 AM
man! he has a giant dip/chew in this mouth. come on. please be more professional than that.

bayzag09
12-15-2007, 01:30 AM
It is a huge wad of chew and you can easily tell. I saw an interview with him last year where he had one in the whole time. As for yelling at him for it, I think julie was really just referring to its disgusting nature, not what he has done for the program. I mean it is a pretty disgusting habit, and it isn't seen as professional, but there are worse things being done by NBAers. GL to Adam and heres to a good recovery and a chance to do damage in 08.

ZagNative
12-15-2007, 03:37 AM
I posted images showing the likeness between Adam and Johnny Depp, as kind of a gag for GonzagaGurl08. After Juliezag's post, I posted the whole image of Adam which I'd cropped the facial image of Adam from, showing a subdued Adam in the locker room, icing sore joints, looking either tired or dejected or both. I took exception to JulieZag calling out Adam as unprofessional for popping a wad of chew (which I didn't see in the photo) in the locker room after practice. You can decide for yourself whether it's unprofessional for Adam to have a wad of chew in his cheek in the Bobcats' locker room. I decided in the end to delete the explanatory post because I don't want to encourage controversy over something that seems so trivial and negative to me.

Zagme-totheleft!
12-15-2007, 04:50 AM
Wheres MedZag, I know he/she must have some idea of what to do!

FuManShoes
12-15-2007, 10:17 AM
For some reason I thought ACL surgery had become so routine and advanced that only a small incision was needed, and yet there's Ammo with some big, gnarly looking scars. Kinda reinforces what a serious injury this was. Wish him the best of luck in his recovery. It looks like he's on the right path, but it also looks like a very long, lonely slog ...

MacZag
12-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Adam was pretty visible on the sidelines of the Charlotte/Orlando game last night, and I must agree he does remind me somewhat of Johnny Depp :D
It is nice to see him up and about without any assistive devices! The scar was pretty amazing and not what I expected to see following the repair-like someone had previously mentioned it must have been quite the injury. Good Luck Ammo in your rehab!

generalphunk
12-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Morrisson certainly does not resemble Depp in any manner, your fools for thinking this but regardless best of luck to his recovery and someday getting his starting spot back.

MedZag
12-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Wheres MedZag, I know he/she must have some idea of what to do!

Wish I could see his MRI. ACL surgery can either be pretty straightforward or pretty grisly depending on the nature of the injury. If the ligament tears in the middle of the ligament, you throw some sutures on that baby, keep them off it for a couple weeks then they pop right back in rehab and you look like a miracle worker. More often, however, the ligament "tears" itself off the bone surface, and you need to re-attach the ligament to the bone using a fancy technique called transosseous fixation. Since that requires bone to heal, its much much slower and grueling of a rehab. With procedures that have bone, you want to take it slow, and you want to make sure the integrity of the bone to be there before you push your patient in rehab. With ligament surgery, its been shown the earlier you get them working, the easier range of motion will return and the better their rehab will progress. So with an ACL torn off bone its a balancing act between making sure the ligament is well attached to bone again and wanting to get your patient workin on moving about again. Also, when the ligament tears off, it takes bits of bone with it, and those little fragments (called spicules) aren't always all found and taken out during surgery, so they can sit in the joint and cause a myriad of nasty things during rehab... pain, inflammation, even arthritis. PLUS if his ACL was completely toast, they'd have to replace it either with another ligament/tendon from his body (autograft) or one from a cadaver (allograft).

Judging from his scar and where he is in rehab right now he popped his ACL pretty good. Recovering from ACL injury is a lot like rehabbing any other ortho joint procedure - there's a period of healing and non-weight bearing, then baby steps. Weight bearing. Range of motion. Learning to plant on the leg again. Learning to jump again. The works. ACLs are temperamental and rehab often progresses slower than other procedures, a lot of it due to the nature of the knee, and a lot of due to mechanisms both understood or not.

It'll take him a whole year to get back to healthy. Even longer when you consider the psychological factors of learning to trust the leg and everything again. Ammo is at an advantage though considering (1) he's young (2) he's getting top of the line care (3) he's an athlete and in good shape. Since he isn't very athletic it likely won't affect his game as much as others who use their athleticism as a crutch. But it'll be a battle to get there.

And I blame Ammo's chew habit on Desmet. Bunch of enablers round there. :)

thickman1
12-16-2007, 07:29 PM
I love Adam. I love his fire, his energy, and his drive. But he needs a haircut, shave, and to stop the dipping. sheesh

saramo
12-18-2007, 12:43 PM
I think everyone needs to get over the hair and the stache.

ZagNative
12-18-2007, 01:00 PM

It would also be nice if they quit pontificating about the chew.

Nice of you to drop by Saramo. We miss you and your fabulous brother!

a13coach
12-18-2007, 01:14 PM

I agree. Good to see you back visiting the board. How's life on the west side? Hope Adam is in good spirits and is chomping at the bit to get back. And tell him us Zaga-holics are still pulling for him, wishing him well.