PDA

View Full Version : Bilas Chat Wrap - Zag Q&A

Therunner
12-14-2007, 08:29 AM
There was only a single Zag reference I could find, and its regarding Heytvelt's return to our lineup(interesting question, IMO):

Cowgill (Pullman, WA): We continually hear how good the Zags are going to be when Heytvelt returns. How much can ONE player, who has only played an equivalent to a half season and demonstrate off-court troubles improve the Zags and to what extent? I'm not buying the hype surrounding the "wait and see" Zag team this year. Are you?

SportsNation Jay Bilas: (12:18 PM ET ) Only because Josh gives Gonzaga an inside threat....they can throw the ball to him in the post and he can score or get fouled. Will he be Kareem when he gets back? No. But, he will be an asset. Nobody is saying that Gonzaga will be UCLA '69 when he returns. Plus, Steven Gray will be a nice addition, too. He can really shoot it.

Zagme-totheleft!
12-14-2007, 08:42 AM
I cant stand Cowgill. Heytvelt would dominate him, IMO.

Therunner
12-14-2007, 08:48 AM
I cant stand Cowgill. Heytvelt would dominate him, IMO.

I agree that Heytvelt would dominate given the matchup, yet I'm not sure I follow? :confused:

Zagme-totheleft!
12-14-2007, 08:53 AM
I agree that Heytvelt would dominate given the matchup, yet I'm not sure I follow? :confused:

what confuses you? IMO: in my opinion, help at all?

bayzag09
12-14-2007, 09:01 AM
he doesn't know where you got cowgill from. Zagme was referring to the Cowgill name that asked the question. But then again, it wasn't Cowgill himself that asked it so that might add to the mix up

Therunner
12-14-2007, 09:01 AM
what confuses you? IMO: in my opinion, help at all?

I think I figured it out. Intially, I was confused why you would bring up Cowgill following a Q&A regarding Heytvelt, upon further review, I realized the person asking the question used Cowgill as a post name. Unless...it really was Robbie. :p

Zagme-totheleft!
12-14-2007, 09:04 AM
glad we cleared that up, sorry for the confusion. thanks to bayzag for the insight.

BobZag
12-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Heytvelt vs Cougs last year--

22 points
7 rebounds

Kuso, Sacre, Foster vs Cougs this year--

1 point
2 rebounds

Josh was either first or second in nearly every statistical category for the Zags last year. The question asked by the Pullman guy (Cowgill) is nothing short of idiotic.

Zagme-totheleft!
12-14-2007, 09:43 AM
well put BZ, I envy your sport knowledge prowess

7ICoug
12-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Heytvelt vs Cougs last year--

22 points
7 rebounds

Kuso, Sacre, Foster vs Cougs this year--

1 point
2 rebounds

Josh was either first or second in nearly every statistical category for the Zags last year. The question asked by the Pullman guy (Cowgill) is nothing short of idiotic.

True, also Cowgill last year against Josh had zero points on his two shots and 8 boards so I rather doubt that it was him asking the question.

Maybe they will play against each other in the NCAA's.

Zagme-totheleft!
12-14-2007, 10:08 AM
i would relish the opportunity to watch those two beasts go at with each other. I jus feel bad for Cowgill

Zag79
12-14-2007, 06:23 PM
speaking of Xmas, i would like a rematch with the cougs. with josh having been in the lineup long enough to get going again, and the guys shooting the same open shots they missed would change the minds on this board of who really is the better team. ;)