• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FuManShoes
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

-------GUnit(s) of the game-------

I'm going with Bouldin and Kuso. Matt showed great aggressiveness and poise in the second half. His work on the boards saved the Zags' bacon at the end of regulation. I'm also going to nominate Kuso, who's being asked to be a tough defender and garbage man without fouling out. That's a tough task for a guy who plays as hard as Kuso does and with such raw skill, but he's doing great. He managed to stay on the floor while Wiggins fouled out. That was huge.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few
  • UIUWUMUCGuy
    Redshirt
    • Feb 2007

Agreed. I haven't been able to watch the Zags much this season, and I don't post much. But today's game was fun, and I thought Bouldin and Kuso made the biggest contributions to the game.

Looks like a different team than the one I watched against UNC - without Heytvelt, and with Downs now playing. Bouldin made a big contribtuion today, but a different one than in that December game.

Kind of fun to see the Zag heart that got our attention several years ago.

Comment

• john montana
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

bouldin...great all around game for matt.

pargo and drav got completely outplayed by kellog and quezada. we were fortunate to win that game. pendo and matt had some huge boards.
      john montana
      http://carponthefly.blogspot.com/

Comment

• roxdoc
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Bouldin definitely.

A shout out to:

DR who just kept hitting FT's down the line after playing every minute of the game!

Pargo who was throwing up, still hung in there and was tough

Downes who got us back into the game with 8 streight points early and some very respectable play on both sides of the ball

Comment

• wazZag
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Feb 2007

I would say Bouldin, he seems to endlessly cut to the basket for easy buckets. Not to mention hitting the FT to force OT.
          FOO!

Comment

GUnit of game

Burgess home with the flu. Mallon sprained ankle. Now news that Pargo was throwing up before and after the game.............geeze give us a break, please?

Bouldin for sure. But I give Downs some kudos as well. How many times did he answer their 3 pointer by coming right back down and canning one. Great shooting tonight by Downs on a night Derek was definately off. Micah was 4-6 from 3.

Kuso is improving: 11 boards with 3 blocks and 8 pts. No hole in the middle there.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
              Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
              • Feb 2007

-----------GUnit of the Game-------------

I didn't get the game down here in little ole Mizzurah. So you guys will have to decide this one...

from what I have read, its gonna be the Bouldster.
              Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• ZagSlug
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Feb 2007

Bouldin, the staff ran things through him late in the 2nd and he was money.

Pendo was his usual self, Kuso played well with a big block and some big rebounds, Derek nailed a dozen free throws, and Downs treys kept the Zags close when they were struggling.

But Matt was the real deal tonight.
                sigpic
                I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• tobizag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

it was most certainly matt tonight. his ability is amazing (despite the missed free throw.) great game matty.
                  sigpic

GU Class of '07

Comment

Working...
                  X