PDA

View Full Version : GSL Showdown

jbslicer
12-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Shadle Park at Ferris. Tony Bennett could be in attendance watching his recruit Anthony Brown.

zagco
12-11-2007, 09:32 PM
What is the current status of the Casto kid? When might he play? He's back at Ferris, right?

zagsballer
12-12-2007, 12:14 PM
I was at the game last night. Ferris won in a close game. They were up by ten most of the game until late in the third when SP made a run with whoever #2 is (must be the wsu recruit). Stockton and crew made their freethrows late and sealed the game.

Casto will be in court on Monday to decide wether or not he will be eligible this year. From what I understand, his last court apperance did not take into consideration that he is homeless (his parents still live in seattle i believe). He was on the Ferris bench in dress clothes, which all the players wear on gamedays. I dont know if he practices with the team or what, we should know his status soon i guess.

zagco
12-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Homeless? Did he run away? That doesn't make sense. He must live SOMEWHERE?

Zag 77
12-12-2007, 01:20 PM
:confused: Mr. Casto is reputed to have been disciplined at Franklin (Seattle) just before showing up at Ferris. Unclear if it was a suspension or something else. Something about a computer printer from school ending up in his possession.

* School Districts cannot take runaways like is suggested or they end up at a special school for street kids like Crosswalk.

*Reports are that he is residing with a Ferris basketball family like last year with OK of his mom.

* Last year Ferris let him keep playing (had to sit out a game quarter) when he tried to manipulate his grades on a computer and had some other scrapes, so they have a history of going easy on him comapred to Franklin.

*Ferris would probably not need to win the GSL, but probably needs him to challenge for State 4A.

*Coach Don Van Lierop needs a big center.

* Casto is a big center who knows the Ferris system.

POOF !! Casto magically ends up at Ferris.

GSL eligibilty committee ruled him ineleigible. Now it goes to the WIAA to see if they affirm or reverse.

This the same WIAA that made Archbishop Murphy forfeit their football season when the coach/AD died and did not get a kid's sports physical renewed. They can either be hard asses or soft touches, depending on if the subject threatens to sue or not.