PDA

View Full Version : MVP - Ten Games In ...

Akzag
12-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Okay, we've got some more downtime a-coming, let's try this again.

The last poll was defective, as it had some key omissions. My apologies. Also, it was a tad too early. We now have a solid eight person rotation all of whom are listed below. We have some losses, some wins. Some squeakers, some blow-outs. Some BCS opponents, some not quite so. In short we have a little more to work with. Have at it.

Vizagra
12-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Hands down.

ZagsGoZags
12-11-2007, 11:39 AM
more cowbell means ???
need more time for the season to unfold? ??

drnoe
12-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Pargo - most consistent

Micah - 2nd place, but with huge upside

Bouldin - a contender

brasszag
12-11-2007, 11:43 AM
I think there are cases to be made for 4 of these players:

Downs, Pargo, Pendo, Bouldin.

I think the strongest case could be made for Downs' growth as an all around player as a contributing factor to the team's overall success - hence my vote.

Sometimes I see him as pretty clearly playing on a different level overall when it comes to making things happen through his court vision... and has anyone else noted he's STILL wrapping his left hand as well.

He's holding the bits and pieces of the Zag rotation together, by covering for the gaps in the personnel regardless of what his natural inclination is.

Rubbadub
12-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Somewhere in between Downs and Pargo. If Daye had had better outings against WSU and TT, he'd be in there as well.

zag67
12-11-2007, 11:46 AM
I would say that Micah. His defense and consistency are the main swingers.

Graham867
12-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Come on guys! Mallon is tearing it up!

He gets my vote......

rennis
12-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Bouldin came up big in every big game except WSU (well, and TT, but everyone took a dump that game.) I think he has to be mine.

next would be Pargo (who would be my pick except for his turnover struggles at times) and then Downs.

DoggieDogpound
12-11-2007, 11:50 AM
I think there are cases to be made for 4 of these players:

Downs, Pargo, Pendo, Bouldin.

I think the strongest case could be made for Downs' growth as an all around player as a contributing factor to the team's overall success - hence my vote.

Sometimes I see him as pretty clearly playing on a different level overall when it comes to making things happen through his court vision... and has anyone else noted he's STILL wrapping his left hand as well.

He's holding the bits and pieces of the Zag rotation together, by covering for the gaps in the personnel regardless of what his natural inclination is.

I agree - Downs, with the other 3 close behind.

SintoZag
12-11-2007, 12:14 PM
If you held a gun to my head I would say Pendo, but it seams like we have had a different guy leading the way in each game.

Therunner
12-11-2007, 12:26 PM
I would say that Micah. His defense and consistency are the main swingers.

Completely agree. Downs has been quietly spectacular, especially with his defense and rebounding. On the offensive side, more plays need to be run through him, IMO. He is currently the 3rd or 4th scoring option which is inexcusable considering his ability to score(inside or out) in this offense. Downs faces consistent mismatches and is our best shooter.

Hate to admit it, yet if you minus Bouldin's performance against WSU, I believe he'd get the nod for MVP thus far. Howevs, that particular game is too fresh in our minds. Overall, he's provided the much needed scoring, 3pt shooting, and even post presence at times. Bouldin will have a great opportunity to redeem himself before the New Year i.e. Tennessee, Oklahoma, etc.

a13coach
12-11-2007, 12:46 PM
I love it.
Thanks AKZag for putting a FOO poll on the MBB forum.

ZagsGoZags: more cowbell means ???
need more time for the season to unfold? ??

^ not yet fit for the FOO.:D

RenoZag
12-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Mr. Downs.

More cowbell's a close second :D

xjzico
12-11-2007, 12:54 PM
It seems the bunnies have been taken for granted.

Downs

GoZags22
12-11-2007, 01:15 PM
David Pendergraft is the MVP, and will be no matter what he does on the court. He's the heart and soul of this team 24/7/365, not just on game nights. Few, Rice, Lloyd, Giacoletti, and every teammate say the same thing.

ZagMania
12-11-2007, 01:24 PM
I went with Bouldin although I think you can make a case for any of the leading four vote getters. Sure, Micah has been a steddying influence, but without Matts big games at UConn and St. Joes I don't think we win either. At the end of the year though, I hope I can say Micah because he definitely could be if he was more assertive on offense.

It is weird how Micah's hand is still taped. I think it looks very cool tho..

Reborn
12-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Pargo is what makes this team go. Downs is playing great, but He had a very slow start and is gaining momentum. I echo what others have said, "how Pargo goes, go the Zags." Pargo also has played the most minutes this year, and has the most minutes in every game I believe....he's important in Few's eyes. I also believe he's in the center of the team huddle at the beginning of each game. that alone speaks volumns to me.

sdzag
12-11-2007, 01:46 PM
I think that Pendo could make a case with any of the other guys. He is the Ultimate Zag and he has started to score way more then I expected him to this year.

Dickau43
12-11-2007, 04:22 PM
It's definitely Pendo, because he's been by far the most consistent player on a team that, at the moment, lacks consistency and star power. He's the great veteran leader on this team, he does all the little things, and he seems to always make the big baskets even though he doesn't score a ton of points.

Akzag
12-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Wednesday bump.

Scotto
12-12-2007, 11:54 AM
I would vote for Josh's foot. It's given valuable minutes to other guys, which can only help us later in the year.

zagsballer
12-12-2007, 11:59 AM
I vote Pargo because of the word "valuable." I think Pargo is the most valuable part of this team.

I think of it this way... Who hurts the team most if you take them away from the picture.

I think without 30 minutes a game from Pargo our team is WAY different. I think Downs, Bouldin, and Pendo are close but without them it just requires a new scorer (daye, or any of the other four listed above) to step up the production. I dont think Pargo can be filled in for.