PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Suggestions

GonzagaGurl08
12-10-2007, 08:19 AM
My family is going to be coming up for my graduation in May. We were wondering where would be good places to eat that can accomodate roughly 10 people. A guy that my dad works with suggested Hills Restaurant and Lounge downtown. Anyother suggestions??

Zagme-totheleft!
12-10-2007, 08:46 AM
PF Changs should be able to do it! if thats what youre in to.

LynetteG
12-10-2007, 03:45 PM
GG if you can be more specific about the type of restaurant I might be able to give you some suggestions. Types of food, do you need a nice wine list, a 'special' type restaurant to really celebrate your accomplishment, etc. :)

DomoArigatoMrZagoto
12-10-2007, 03:57 PM
1. Luna's on the South Hill
2. Clinkerdagger's
3. Spencer's Steakhouse at the Doubletree
4. Gordy's Schezwan on South Hill
5. Anthony's

All on the more expensive side, but hey you only graduate from college once!!

jbslicer
12-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Clinkerdagger is very nice. How about Beverly's at the CDA Resort?

madzag
12-10-2007, 05:03 PM
We did the family meal at Italian Kitchen when I graduated, possibly my favorite spot in Spokane (awesome Italian food, great wine list, etc). On the pricey side, for sure, but as mentioned above you only graduate once (from undergrad, at least :)).

Other options that haven't been mentioned yet:
*Milford's. Mostly fish/seafood oriented, similar to Jake's in Portland if you're familiar with that neck of the woods although honestly not as awesome as Jake's.
*Davenport. They can do groups, food's good and it's a good-old Spokie landmark (also my Grandma's favorite, so a number of family functions have happened there).

zagco
12-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Zagco LOVES Comolini's way up North. LOVES IT. Italian joint. Been around forever. Cool location.

Zag 77
12-10-2007, 10:02 PM
I would say that Hill's is a nice cozy place with a very diverse menu, nice staff, good prices and good service. Located at Main & Washington across from Auntie's Bookstore.

Zagco, it is spelled Comellini's Restaurant. Also very good, once a place popular in the Prohibition period due to its remote location just north of town. However, it has lost its appeal somewhat in the last 15 years now that there are a dozen other very good places for Italian food that are a lot closer to get to. However, it does have some private rooms if that is what you need.

Zagme-totheleft!
12-11-2007, 09:51 AM
oh Clinkerdagger's is a great joint.

GoBulldogs
12-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Wolf Lodge is terrific. Their steaks are amazing.

JLGutrocks
12-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Herbal Essence downtown is nice (right around the corner from Hill's)
Milford's
Luna
Try the new Churchill Steakhouse $$$$ but worth it.
Comellini's
Downriver grill
don't do the Dav for food. Drinks-yes Food-no
Twigs up north has good food and nice atmosphere
Many more but start there

75Zag
12-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Took my daughter and my immediate family and various assorted relatives to the Italian Kitchen when my daughter graduated a couple of years ago. The food was great plus they were very accomodating to our group, which included a couple of elderly (and picky) grandparents and a kid or two.

zagco
12-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Does anyone go to Geno's anymore on Hamilton? When Zagco was in law school, he used to eat there all the time. Always liked it. Classic, simple joint.

There was an Italian joint downtown that Zagco's wife used to take him to, when they were dating. It was a basement place, and for some reason Zagco thinks it was somewhere near Rocky Rococcos except like a block or two south, in that general area/side of downtown.

zag944
12-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Mushroom burger at Red Robin. It's awesome.

TheBeast
12-14-2007, 05:30 PM
For good sub sandwiches, go to Spokane Subs on that corner of Sinto and Division, I believe. For great deli sandwiches, go to the Brooklyn Deli, somewhere around 5th and Monroe, I want to say. They knew my name after only two visits and the sandwiches were really, really, really freaking good.

BobZag
12-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Does anyone go to Geno's anymore on Hamilton? When Zagco was in law school, he used to eat there all the time. Always liked it. Classic, simple joint.

There was an Italian joint downtown that Zagco's wife used to take him to, when they were dating. It was a basement place, and for some reason Zagco thinks it was somewhere near Rocky Rococcos except like a block or two south, in that general area/side of downtown.

Luigi's?

I personally like Niko's the best. It's Greek/Middle East and absolutely delicious. West 700 block of Riverside.

HillBillyZag
12-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Go to Maggies on 29th off Ray and try their "Port Bello Mushroom" sandwich, add the homemade chips and a glass of Alaskan Amber and relax.

zagco
12-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Zagco feels obligated to pimp the Maxwell House Tavern. Good eatin'.

Salsageek
12-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Go to Dick's :D
Heart attack in a bun!!!

LynetteG
12-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Try the new Churchill Steakhouse $$$$ but worth it.

going to try this tomorrow for my wedding anniversary. will let you know how it was! website looks great!

www.churchillssteakhouse.com

btw, did a google search on the Northside restaurant, and hate to say but it's still been misspelled.

Commellini's Restaurant, Spokane, WA

http://commellinis.com/index.htm

GonzagaGurl08
01-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Thanks for all of the great suggestions. Feel free to keep them coming.

Russell Bevan
01-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Luna is the best Spokane has to offer for high end dinning. You can go to a steak house for meat, but for a fine meal Luna is King. Plus and this is a big deal to me, the owners are huge supporters of Gonzaga and wonderful people.

Living in Sonoma and making wine gives me the chance to eat at a wide variety of amazing restaurants and I always consider Luna one of my favorites.

Russell Bevan '88

LynetteG
01-10-2008, 07:00 PM
going to try this tomorrow for my wedding anniversary. will let you know how it was! website looks great!

www.churchillssteakhouse.com

oops! forgot to post about this...

FANTASTIC!!!!!!! the steaks were prime and out of this world! We did bring our own bottle of wine, so that helped keep the costs down, and their corkage fee is a reasonable $12.

GG, I loved this place! Two thumbs WAY up! Best steaks in town, bar none!

zagco
01-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Maybe Zagco's still got too much kid in him, but he scoffs at paying money for somebody to open and poor his booze. Crap! He'd just sneak in a couple flasks for drinking in the bathrooms. :)

a13coach
01-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Maybe Zagco's still got too much kid in him, but he scoffs at paying money for somebody to open and poor his booze. Crap! He'd just sneak in a couple flasks for drinking in the bathrooms. :)

There is drinking wine to enhance the overall meal and atmosphere then there is drinking wine to just be drinking while out to dinner.