PDA

View Full Version : Time to move on and get back to winning…So RELAX

FrosTbear
12-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Ok, now that we have licked our wounds from losing it is time to get back to supporting the BEST team in the country…our ZAGS. But before we get back to yelling for our guys who will be back to normal Saturday lets look at what we should of learned by our two defeats. Defense keeps us in the game even when we can’t hit shots (25% is not expectable) during a game. Second we need to stay with the 5 on the floor who are working. I feel our mantra needs to be “RELAX” many of our open looks were rushed, Relax and the shot will go in again. Tense muscles cause the body to work harder and less effectiveness. The fans need to RELAX this is a young team and we learn more from a loss than a win even though the win feels better. Look at the end goal “The final four” where the team that deals with pressure the best will win it all.

brasszag
12-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Straight up.

Ripping apart other teams and fans just because they beat us has nothing to do with being a Zag.

As we so often have a chance to say "scoreboard" - we lost this one - it sounds like an ugly ugly game as well.

Please, let's try to be as gracious in losing as we are in winning, as I can barely stand to come by here after a loss with all the girning and complaining.

I think we've got a great (but young-ish and incomplete at the moment) team and they deserve more support after a loss.

zag67
12-07-2007, 09:33 AM
I agree. They played hard and did super on D. They are young, will make mistakes and hopefully learn and go forward. The team has played some super tough games and are learning from each one of them. This will really help as the year goes on and into the March timeframe.

kclubfounder
12-07-2007, 12:56 PM
As painful as any loss is, it should prove to be motivation. The Zags KNOW they have to get better. The silver lining of this loss is that it should help the Zags during the dog days of practice. The Cougs will be fine because of all their seniors, but they would probably dig just a little bit deeper if they had lost the game. These games are all fun and they all feel great when we win and feel terrible when we lose, but when it is all said and done it really is all about who performs in March.

BobZag
12-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I told a lot of fans who stopped by at halftime that it looked like the fellas were trying too hard, which only complicates the matter. You see it in every sport.

Positives--

2nd-half defense (made up 5 pts despite 25% shooting)
Energy and Effort-level (total opposite of TTU loss)
Daye is fearless and confident but definitely is a frosh
Micah can be a go-to guy if he wants to be
Daye will be a go-to guy when he has more experience
To the eye, the sky is the limit for this team's upside
Kennel Club

Negatives--

Surfmonkey jinxed K2 again :p

Zag87
12-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Pargo hit his throws. Key.