• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigblahla
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Faux Zags?

This is probably gonna make some folks mad. I'm a Zag fan and I don't care.

Seems that there is more than a couple died in the wool Cougs that have Zag season tickets. Give them up. The Kennel should never look the way it was described by many last night. Cougs everywhere.

Fan is short for fanatic. I don't think you can be fanatic about two teams. You showed your colors Cougs now go away so the Kennel can be filled with real Zag fans.

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"
  • TuckC
    Kennel Club
    • Mar 2007

yeah, that's what I said, but people are saying it doesn't matter, I STRONGLY DISAGREE.

Comment

• SunDevilGolfZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

The wine and cheese crowd is probably well-represented by every Northwest/West team we will ever play and WSU likely has its share. For the wine and cheesers its about being beautiful people--not basketball. Just try to ignore them.

Comment

• ZagNative
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Comment

• Ziggy
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Exactly

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
          ZN, That's what I'm saying! Lets call a wolf a wolf or cougar.
          "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Comment

• McZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Couldn't Agree More

This will definately make people angry and I don't care either.

All the true blue Cougs but social Zags need to be exposed as frauds and leave. Their money is still green and I get that but Gonzaga should not be for sale. If you know someone who went WSU or is a lifelong Coug but likes quality basketball and owns Zag tickets, tell them to sell them. There is a waiting list and tickets need to go to folks with one team, the Zags.
            sigpic
            Gonzaga Basketball
            Exhibiting Character Since 1907

Comment

• Nevtelen
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

I feel kind of bad about it, but I really do agree with that sentiment. You just don't see other team's home courts populated by fans of other programs. You can like a lot of teams (I even like the Cougs, as long as you don't ask me until, say, Sunday), but you can only really be a fan of 1. If, when push comes to shove, you don't support the Zags, you should give up the season tickets. I'm not saying that anyone like that is a bad person or casting aspersions on their character or even belittling their choice of team - often these things are emotional and not under conscious control and that's fine - but the Kennel should be for Zag fans. Period. Especially considering how many die-hard, hard-core Zag fans are waiting for tickets (not me, BTW, since I live on the W side).

Comment

• ZagNative
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I posted that graphic primarily because I'm a sucker for graphics and I wanted to have some fun. I do have a teensy bit of ticket envy, because, having been privileged to attend just one game in K2, I would love to be able to attend more but know that season tickets are almost certainly out of my reach; and I was surprised, at that one game I attended, by how much of a "see-and-be-seen" feel I sensed.

However, I also know that much of the money that came to build that arena, to lease the airplane, etc., etc., likely came from folks whose alma maters (not Gonzaga) mean a great deal to them but who nevertheless have done great things for the program and who hold season tickets, and root for the Zags in all games but the one.

I also know that there's no kind of loyalty test that would work to ensure that true Zags fans get first crack at season tickets. Beside that, after every one of the Zags' rare losses, the dumping on the team that goes on here makes some of us wonder who the real fans are anyway.

So, enough said ... except for just one more graphic:

Comment

• MedZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Nevtelen View Post
                  I feel kind of bad about it, but I really do agree with that sentiment. You just don't see other team's home courts populated by fans of other programs. You can like a lot of teams (I even like the Cougs, as long as you don't ask me until, say, Sunday), but you can only really be a fan of 1. If, when push comes to shove, you don't support the Zags, you should give up the season tickets. I'm not saying that anyone like that is a bad person or casting aspersions on their character or even belittling their choice of team - often these things are emotional and not under conscious control and that's fine - but the Kennel should be for Zag fans. Period. Especially considering how many die-hard, hard-core Zag fans are waiting for tickets (not me, BTW, since I live on the W side).
                  I echo this sentiment.
                  Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
                  You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Comment

• Ezag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

I agree 110% with everything here. Last night was a disgrace with Crimson everywhere and hearing the Coug chants at the end. This isn't the Spokane Arena it is the Kennel home of the ZAGS and only the ZAGS!

Comment

• sittingon50
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Hey, let's just go a little bit further; how 'bout a little ethnic cleansing?
                      Plenty of great spots in the world we can get a few tips from.

I graduated from Eastern. Does the fact that my 2 oldest kids graduated from Gonzaga earn me a pass?

IMO you're talking like fans. How about starting out as humans & work from there?
                      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• gu03alum
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                        how 'bout a little ethnic cleansing?
                        Talk about extreme.
                        Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Rubbadub
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

What a silly comparison to make..
                          sigpic Just Foo'in around.

Comment

• MedZag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                            Hey, let's just go a little bit further; how 'bout a little ethnic cleansing?

I graduated from Eastern. Does the fact that my 2 oldest kids graduated from Gonzaga earn me a pass?

IMO you're talking like fans. How about starting out as humans & work from there?
                            I think you're taking the argument the wrong way. People aren't saying you need a certain pedigree to own season tickets (at least I hope not), people are just saying that at a home venue, season ticket owners' allegiances should always lie with the home team. I don't think thats too much to ask, and I think thats what the players on the court deserve.

Note: This doesn't apply to loyal opposing fans who are able to invade rival courts. That's just impressive. This is applying to ticket owning "fans" who root for the team only when its convenient/trendy/cool/whatever.
                            Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
                            You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Comment

• sittingon50
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

And after reading your stuff for the past 24 hours I am not at all surprised that you totally missed the point.
                              But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Working...
                              X