PDA

View Full Version : Proud of the Kraziness in the Kennel

zagsballer
12-06-2007, 11:29 AM
I have to say, I was proud of the Zags fans, the Kennel club and the overall atmosphere last night. If you weren't there then hopefully you were able to watch it. This was the loudest K2 has EVER been! I have had season tickets since it was built, and this was awesome. The fans actually stood up!!

During one timeout the Kennel Club chanted "on-your-feet" and they actually responded!! The entire place was one their feet for the entire second half. I was very pleased. I have no voice today, and that must be the case for many other die hard GU fans because it was loud in there.

The fans did their part, the players fought valiantly, and I was very pleased with everything except for the final score I guess. It was the second most fun game I have ever been to. First place going to Memphis in the Arena last year.

Good job Zag faithful!

(both being losses, imagine if we could have won)

Ezag
12-06-2007, 11:32 AM
I was sitting up behind the Kennel Club but it really did not seem like it was the loudest they have ever been. It was loud in the beginning and in the final couple of minutes but I really didn't see much more than the usual otherwise.

I thought a couple of times the Coug fans were louder and that should never happen on your home floor.

zagsballer
12-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Really? Huh, I was very pleased. I sit baseline by the zags bench and I thought it was loud! Not just the kennel, but the entire place. Again, proud of the high status fans standing in the second half as well.

ZagNative
12-06-2007, 11:56 AM
It sure was loud listening on the radio, especially for the pre-game show. Coach Bennett agreed. From a Bud Withers Seattle-Times story (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/budwithers/2004055823_withers060.html) today,

And, oh yeah, it was only ear-splitting for two hours.

"Unless you were here," said Tony Bennett, the second-year WSU coach, "you couldn't understand the energy in the building."

zagsballer
12-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the qoutes to back me up. It was loud

lawzag
12-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Because a HUGE portion of the noise comes from the Kennel Club, I have noticed that it does not seem nearly as loud when one is sitting up behind the Kennel Club (like EZag was) as when one is sitting on the opposite side of the court from the Kennel Club (as Zagballer was).
:)

TuckC
12-06-2007, 01:10 PM
It was loud. I have no voice to prove that. The only thing that disappointed me last night was the, "Let's Go Cougars," chant. They said this when the game was over, which seemed odd. It stunk seeing Baynes point everybody out and wave "Number One" on the Zag Floor. My stomach turns just thinking about it.

Frazzle
12-06-2007, 01:25 PM
I don't think the energy level was anywhere near what it was for the GU/Husky game 3(?) years ago. The fans transformed that game and help the Zags seal the victory.

Zagpower
12-06-2007, 03:05 PM
What's the story behind the KC'er that brings a "OJ Who?" sign to every game?

TuckC
12-06-2007, 03:14 PM
I don't know either. I think they are talking about Daye, but Daye has really struggled lately and the night where Daye scored 31, that night or around that time, Mayo scored 33.

Zagpower
12-06-2007, 09:32 PM
But who is OJ? OJ Mayo? OJ Simpson? None of those would make any sense on a sign at a Zag game. I figured this was some KC inside joke that I wasn't getting.

Thomas_Sutpen
12-06-2007, 10:24 PM
the night where Daye scored 31

Huh? I must have missed that one. His season high was in the first game (Montana)--he got 20.