PDA

View Full Version : Big Baby Baynes

AnonyMoose
12-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Congratulations Petulant Aussie, you were really good at kicking your legs like you were denied a candy bar in the grocery store. Props to you. Seriously, two times he deserved a T. I mean, where he got called for a foul and just sat at the free throw line for 15 seconds and Lowe and Weaver had to slap him to get up. So glad the Refs were bleeding Crimson.

Spokanicoug
12-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Who's the one crying here, Moosey?

cougs4ever
12-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Congratulations Petulant Aussie, you were really good at kicking your legs like you were denied a candy bar in the grocery store. Props to you. Seriously, two times he deserved a T. I mean, where he got called for a foul and just sat at the free throw line for 15 seconds and Lowe and Weaver had to slap him to get up. So glad the Refs were bleeding Crimson.

Bitter check. Get it over it. It ain't gonna make you feel better to start ripping on the other team.

AnonyMoose
12-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Kyle Weaver was amazing, Lowe was decent, Baines pushed and threw his elbows in every play. Foster deserved some calls that weren't given.

gu03alum
12-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Baynes is a cheap, dirty player.

Btw, don't you have your own board to post on coug fans.

Zag4Hire
12-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Baynes did his job as far as I am concerned.

AnonyMoose
12-05-2007, 10:11 PM
They don't know how to run one, they are good at wheat pickin' though! (insert Green Acres or Beverly Hillbillies Song)

Spokanicoug
12-05-2007, 10:11 PM

We sure do. Drop by anytime and say "howdy".

cougs4ever
12-05-2007, 10:12 PM

How had the gash in head?? Was that Baynes?? He's not cheap or dirty. He's just big and strong.

You need an anti-bitter pill too.

cougs4ever
12-05-2007, 10:13 PM
They don't know how to run one, they are good at wheat pickin' though! (insert Green Acres or Beverly Hillbillies Song)

Good at wheat pickin' and basketball, apparently.

AnonyMoose
Yeah, gash in his head because somebody flinched from those elbows. Then he sat the bench while being looked at almost giving the "shove it sign" and crying. Big Baby Baynes needs a Binkie.

gu03alum
Did you watch the same game? I was there and had my eyes on him the whole time. He pushes, shoves, trips, and elbows. Then he cries to the refs when they call a foul on him.

AnonyMoose
12-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Or real good capitalizing on a team who has kite weight players that are used to getting actual fouls called.

JokerZag
12-05-2007, 10:14 PM
And Bayne's looked any different than Austin how??

AnonyMoose
12-05-2007, 10:16 PM
By the way, are you happy with that win? I mean, a W is a W, but I gotta feel ashamed that it took all the calls in the world and a team shooting 27% most of the game to WIN BY 4.

ZagSlug
12-05-2007, 10:16 PM
GU could use a big strong guy like that down low and he would be right popular on this board.

GonzagaGurl08
12-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Did you watch the same game? I was there and had my eyes on him the whole time. He pushes, shoves, trips, and elbows. Then he cries to the refs when they call a foul on him.

I noticed that too. If you are going to whine for being called out for doing something, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

BTW, who was the one that gave Barnes the cut?

AnonyMoose
12-05-2007, 10:19 PM
I dunno but you could call the same offensive foul every time Baynes tried to push Foster over.

JokerZag
12-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Austin cut Barnes

SteeleMan
12-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I noticed that too. If you are going to whine for being called out for doing something, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

BTW, who was the one that gave Barnes the cut?

I believe he got caught by Daye's elbow. it was a nasty gash.

Baynes is physical. Not unlike Corey and JP. Both Corey and JP had better skills and were smoother. Kudo's to Few for getting Will on him. It made a difference. 3 blocks by will and 2 travel calls on baynes.

cougs4ever
12-05-2007, 10:25 PM
By the way, are you happy with that win? I mean, a W is a W, but I gotta feel ashamed that it took all the calls in the world and a team shooting 27% most of the game to WIN BY 4.

Actually, most of the Zags that I watched it with thought the Cougs got homered, especially in the firs 10 minutes of the 2nd half.

And, do you think there was a reason why the Zags shot 27% ?? Are you saying that GU just can't shoot straight??

EL MUSTACIO
12-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Yeah, gash in his head because somebody flinched from those elbows. Then he sat the bench while being looked at almost giving the "shove it sign" and crying. Big Baby Baynes needs a Binkie.

Come on, What are you, two? Now we resort to Namecalling?

Come on, the Cougar posters can be GU fans too. They are welcome here anytime as far as I am concerned.

Baynes isn't cheap. He made no attempt at cheating. Obviously, he was frusterated with the calls, but I have to admit that a couple of them might have been phantoms. The refs were horrible. i feel that there were plenty of bad calls going both ways.

Mainly, I just think that Moose ad GU03 need to tkae chill pills, and admit that we lost to a better team. IMO, youre making the whole board look like a bad fanbase. We shot crappy, but they werent shooting exceptionally well either. Just stop making excuses for the L, and show what true Zags are all about: class. Please

wuvillezag4
12-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Baynes took advantage of our weak/undersized bigs down low. He will not do the same in the pac-10, because when he fins someone the same size, he has no low post moves to counter with. The only reason he dominated liek he did is becasue our bigs were smaller and not tough enough yet. With a healthy JH in there he doesnt score half his points.

gu03alum
12-05-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm not making excuses for the loss. We lost. I just did not care for Baynes' style of play. I also don't think cougar fans need to come on here and talk trash about us. I am very frustrated. I was surrounded by very unclassy Cougar fans tonight at the game. This is my place to vent.

EL MUSTACIO
12-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Understood, and you should be able to vent, but it was obviously a zag fan that started the trash talking here, not a coug. They're not coming here to trash you.

former1dog
12-05-2007, 10:37 PM
My wife was getting tired of listening to me.

I think she has a point.

Why don't you ask her why she's tired of listening to you?

It might go something like this,

you're being a whiny, sore loser.

Show some class, for crying out loud.

That goes for AnonyMoose, who ought to go Anonymous, at least for tonight, and the rest of you yay hoo's who can't take your medicine like adults.

For the most part, I'm pretty proud of how my fellow zag fans are handling this loss, but you guys definitely need to go back to charm school and learn what it means to be a Bulldog.

gu03alum
12-05-2007, 10:38 PM

That is really classy of you. Who are you even rooting for?

EL MUSTACIO
12-05-2007, 10:40 PM

Show some class, for crying out loud.

That goes for AnonyMoose, who ought to go Anonymous, at least for tonight, and the rest of you yay hoo's who can't take your medicine like adults.

For the most part, I'm pretty proud of how my fellow zag fans are handling this loss, but you guys definitely need to go back to charm school and learn what it means to be a Bulldog.

As for everything you said F1D, agreed.

former1dog
12-05-2007, 10:44 PM
That is really classy of you. Who are you even rooting for?

No, Gu03alum, that is an accurate description of your post game demeanor, go ask your wife, who quite appropriately is tired of listening to you.

Who am I rooting for?

I'm rooting for you my friend. I'm rooting for you to learn how to take a loss like an adult and show some humility and dignity. How's that?

gu03alum
I don't understand what's wrong with being passionate about my team. Anytime someone comes on here and has a problem with something in a game we lost, everyone comes in here and chastises that person. Some of you have responded and given good rebuttals and may have changed my thinking, but others just call names.

CougarNation
Yeah Baynes is a baby...so what. Look at Mica downs. He complains and whines constantly. Also about the zag cheering section. Very dissapointed compared to years of old. I'd like to think you could think of something other than the obvious "We are GU!" a hundred times over.
And to the fan who coulnd't stand watching the Cougars slow down style of play....the zags are only averaging 5 more points a game than Wazzu. big deal.
and about the coaching for the zags?!! Why would you run your offense through a spindly/uncomposed freshman in the final minutes of a ballgame?!

cougs4ever
12-05-2007, 10:46 PM
As for everything you said F1D, agreed.

Thanks to both of you, Mustacio and F1Dog. I only came here to talk about the game, not gloat in it.

Like most of Spokane, I love both teams. I told my friend tonight, that it's like watching your kids fight. You don't know who to pull for. You hope no one gets hurt, and that everyone can be friends afterwards. Happy to see 2 great teams in the 509. And I'll be rooting for the Zags every other game for the rest of the year.

Good luck Zags!

gu03alum
12-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Why would you run your offense through a spindly/uncomposed freshman in the final minutes of a ballgame?!

I agree, that was a little strange. I would have liked to see the ball in the hands of Pargo at the end of the game. He is the heart of the team and a play-maker.

cougs4ever
12-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah Baynes is a baby...so what. Look at Mica downs. He complains and whines constantly. Also about the zag cheering section. Very dissapointed compared to years of old. I'd like to think you could think of something other than the obvious "We are GU!" a hundred times over.
And to the fan who coulnd't stand watching the Cougars slow down style of play....the zags are only averaging 5 more points a game than Wazzu. big deal.
and about the coaching for the zags?!! Why would you run your offense through a spindly/uncomposed freshman in the final minutes of a ballgame?!

Nice first post. I don't think you have read the last few posts.

former1dog
12-05-2007, 10:50 PM
I don't understand what's wrong with being passionate about my team.

Nothing whatsoever is wrong with being passionate about your team. But, when that passion is expressed in excuses about a loss like this one, you just come across as being blinded by passion.

Gonzaga University Athletes, for the most part, are notable for their good sportsmanship. I know, I once was one of them. I took pride in trying to my utmost ability to do my best in competition. But, when the competition was over, I didn't try to show up my competition with excuses and slander. That is poor sportsmanship defined.

Be a good sport, that is all I ask.

gu03alum
12-05-2007, 10:52 PM
I don't think you understand. I am not trying to make excuses. The cougars won the game fair and square. I am just trying to point out some problems that I had with the game.

former1dog
12-05-2007, 10:54 PM
I am not trying to make excuses.

Walks like a duck, looks like a duck, sounds like a duck??

gu03alum
12-05-2007, 10:56 PM
You've made your point, I've made mine. I just want to talk about Zag basketball. I think you are too busy being the board police and not busy enough talking basketball.

Nevtelen
12-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Walks like a duck, looks like a duck, sounds like a duck??

Did we play Oregon? I must have drunk more than I thought...

gu03alum
12-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Lol

former1dog
12-05-2007, 11:01 PM
I just want to talk about Zag basketball.

Really?

A quick perusal of your multitude of posts tonight reveals only one comment about zag basketball, the rest is you claiming a ref job and that Baynes is a dirty player.

I would appreciate it if you would talk some Zag basketball then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

gu03alum
12-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Seriously, its over. Let it die. You win. I give up. You are the greatest most classy fan of all time. Thank you for your wisdom.

former1dog
12-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Seriously, its over. Let it die. You win. I give up. You are the greatest most classy fan of all time. Thank you for your wisdom.

It's about time you came around to your senses. Now go and sin no more.

KingCoug
12-06-2007, 01:41 AM
I think it's funny that GU fans have to argue with each other like this. I think both teams played a good game. IMHO I think the cougars didn't really do much offensively this game compared to some of our better games. I haven't really watched too many Zag games. That being said I will be watching more Zag games this year! I had fun watching tonights game. I think the Zags may have had a chance to take the lead most of the game had they taken smarter shots. They didn't utilize pendo like they should have. He seems like a smart player and shooter. Looks like you guys have a solid young team. I'm pretty excited to see what will happen this year and next year. Hopefully we meet again in march :-)

bigblahla
12-06-2007, 05:20 AM
Baynes is a load but he's also brutal. He elbowed Pendo twice in the mouth on one play alone. Got away with a lot of crap under the hoop both offensive and defensive.

Cougs played a heck of a game, their experience showed and they won the game.

The Refs stunk up the place on both sides, should of gave them all shoulder pads. I counted Cowgill three times for 5 seconds in the key and Baynes the same. Not a single three second call all night. So many arm slaps on shots.

Cougs have a chance for another magical run, good luck.

Grat learning experience for the Zags.

Pendo, again stood tall for the Zags.

Go !! Zags!!!

AnonyMoose
12-06-2007, 05:37 AM
It's about time you came around to your senses. Now go and sin no more. How bout you sir? You attacked him for the last three posts. And if you look at BAYNES GOT AWAY WITH ALOT. They could have called him for lowering the shoulder everytime, that's how he got two of his three.