PDA

View Full Version : Morrison and the 'Cats

Rubbadub
02-23-2007, 03:46 PM
...will be four and a half games out of the playoffs with a win tonight. The three teams in their way are:
The Knicks: two and a half games ahead and not that good really.
The Nets: three and a half games ahead and 3-7 in their last 10
The Heat: five games ahead, were hot but just lost Dwayne Wade for maybe the season

Morrison might be finally coming into his own...he's averaging 22pts, 44% shooting the last two games and already has 10 points not even half way through the second quarter tonight againt the 76'ers. I know alot of people don't care about the nba around here, but it would be absolutely HUGE if the Bobcats made the playoffs.

TheZagPhish
02-23-2007, 04:09 PM
I know alot of people don't care about the nba around here, but it would be absolutely HUGE if the Bobcats made the playoffs.

Care about the NBA? Not so much. But mention Morrison, Turiaf and Dickau and suddenly I'm very interested.

I agree with you, it would be quite a feat for the Bobcats to make it to the playoffs -- especially fueled by Ammo's work.

GreenStreetElite
02-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Cats win, Ammo pitched in 19 on 3-3 from 3pt land and 7-12 from the field and 2-4 at the line.

sullyzag66
02-23-2007, 05:47 PM
AMMO actually made a decent effort on defense, as well. Commentators were talking about how he's playing with much more confidence. Nice to see him play well at home, where he's been struggling.

zag944
02-23-2007, 06:06 PM
When Adam plays well, the team really looks good.
Maybe that all star break gave him a little bit of much needed time off to get out of his slump.

I really hope he can challenge for rookie of the year in this last portion of the season. Hollinger and Stein have been giving him all sorts of crap on ESPN

sonuvazag
02-23-2007, 06:10 PM
In two games I've watched, Adam has been an effective one-on-one defender against most notably, Baron Davis and LeBron James... often making a stop while the commetators have been ripping into his defense.

DubZag
02-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Did anyone see the game against the T-Pups? My buddy is a huge Wolves fan, and he told me that it was the most ridiculous thing he ever saw. Everything Adam shot in the second half was silk, nothing even hitting the rim. Splash! He said that the Bobcat players were laughing at him because he was going off so much.

Good to see indeed.

FuManShoes
02-23-2007, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't say it was all net. In fact, the biggest evidence that he was in the zone - besides draing a three over the outsreched arms of three defenders -- was when he shot a three-ball short, and it bounced 3 feet straight up from the rim and fell back through. Dude couldn't miss no matter where he shot from.

former1dog
02-23-2007, 08:49 PM
...will be four and a half games out of the playoffs with a win tonight.

Bobcats are currently the hottest team in the Eastern Conference with a 4 game win streak.

TheZagPhish
02-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Bobcats are currently the hottest team in the Eastern Conference with a 4 game win streak.

I'm vaklempt!
http://features.yahoo.com/webceleb/myers/vaklempt.jpg

ZagDaddy
02-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Since the All-Star break I've noticed that Adam is moving without the ball much more. The first half of the season he and the rest of the team stood still--no player movement and little ball movement. That's made a world of difference with this team. Moving without the ball is the backbone of Adam's game. It's nice to see again.

I'm sure it has something to do with their new found winning ways but they are starting to look like a team. The bench is actually into the games! Earlier, they might as well have been reading a books on the sidelines--Adam included.

sullyzag66
02-24-2007, 10:10 AM
I noticed that at the very beginning of the season AMMO was moving quite a bit without the ball, but he rarely got a pass. Then he started standing around on the perimeter and when he did get the ball he never seemed to be in his rhythm and was missing a lot of shots he used to make. Charlotte does seem to be playing more as a team now and it's reaping dividends. That second half with the T-wolves was fun to watch.