PDA

View Full Version : St. Joe's letting GU down / the Vols

CDC84
12-04-2007, 08:22 PM
St. Joe's dropped one tonight at home against Holy Cross. It's not nearly as bad of a loss as WKU losing at Northern Arizona because the Crusaders are 7-1 and picked by just about everyone to win the Patriot League, but the Hawks need to win those home games.

St. Joe's ultimate undoing could be their guard play....especially that Govens kid, who can't understand a good shot from a bad one. Ferguson, Calathes and Nivins are good, but that team needs guard play.

Tennessee didn't look very impressive at Chattanooga. Chattanooga only lost by 6 despite coughing up 33 turnovers. The Vols are just a bad halfcourt defensive team with little in the way of size. The Vols were outrebounded by 14. I really hope Heytvelt is somewhat productive by the time GU plays them because he could have a field day. If you beat Tennessee's press, and you have size and talent, you beat the Vols, period.

CougFan05
12-04-2007, 09:17 PM
St. Joe's dropped one tonight at home against Holy Cross. It's not nearly as bad of a loss as WKU losing at Northern Arizona because the Crusaders are 7-1 and picked by just about everyone to win the Patriot League, but the Hawks need to win those home games.

St. Joe's ultimate undoing could be their guard play....especially that Govens kid, who can't understand a good shot from a bad one. Ferguson, Calathes and Nivins are good, but that team needs guard play.

Tennessee didn't look very impressive at Chattanooga. Chattanooga only lost by 6 despite coughing up 33 turnovers. The Vols are just a bad halfcourt defensive team with little in the way of size. The Vols were outrebounded by 14. I really hope Heytvelt is somewhat productive by the time GU plays them because he could have a field day. If you beat Tennessee's press, and you have size and talent, you beat the Vols, period.

How about TTech losing to Centenary?

Nevtelen
12-04-2007, 09:34 PM
I guess that would be why Calhoun was scared of scheduling Holy Cross in that preseason tourney... *sigh* I saw Lofton shot something like 4-12 from 3 in that game. I would still love to win that game, obviously, but will the Vols be in the Top 25 when they get there?

At least VTech rolled (granted, vs a pretty inferior team).

MickMick
12-05-2007, 04:25 AM
It seems the Vols are only as good as Lofton's hot hand. Watch him decide to catch fire against the Zags.