PDA

View Full Version : Impressions from St. Joe & UCONN Fans

TR11Zag
12-04-2007, 06:05 AM
After attending both games this past weekend, I have even more appreciation for what we have going at Gonzaga.

St. Joseph game:
Scalped tickets for twice face value ($60 each).
Fans were excited yet unorganized. They were a more advanced version the fans we run into during WCC road games. More intense, louder, but no Kennel club.

Their arena is rough. A slightly larger and nicer version of San Francisco’s very dated arena. Standing room only tickets make the place harder to get out of then the average Football Stadium.

UCONN game:
Sat up high with lots of UCONN and Providence fans.

All 'Husky' fans are the similar.

They complain and ##### as much as those in Montlake. Even when they were ahead, they whined the whole game. Since this was not a real home game, I am sure they were not all hardcore basketball enthusiasts, but I was disappointed by those in the section around us.

The Boston garden is pretty nice. I would love to be there when it is rocking.

We took the train back to Philly and saw the Seahawks beat the Eagles....Impression: Eagles fans are scary.

Go Zags!

Rubbadub
12-04-2007, 06:08 AM
Besides the student section at St. Joes, I thought the crowds for both games were very tame.

That game I left right as Daye made his last free throw and got to the parking garage and then back out on the road without too much difficulty.

ZagMan in Philly
12-04-2007, 06:35 AM
Besides the student section at St. Joes, I thought the crowds for both games were very tame.

That game I left right as Daye made his last free throw and got to the parking garage and then back out on the road without too much difficulty.

You did not stay for the trophy presentation to the MVP Pargo after the game?

ZagMan in Philly
12-04-2007, 06:38 AM
After attending both games this past weekend, I have even more appreciation for what we have going at Gonzaga.

St. Joseph game:
Scalped tickets for twice face value ($60 each).
Fans were excited yet unorganized. They were a more advanced version the fans we run into during WCC road games. More intense, louder, but no Kennel club.

Their arena is rough. A slightly larger and nicer version of San Francisco’s very dated arena. Standing room only tickets make the place harder to get out of then the average Football Stadium.

UCONN game:
Sat up high with lots of UCONN and Providence fans.

All 'Husky' fans are the similar.

They complain and ##### as much as those in Montlake. Even when they were ahead, they whined the whole game. Since this was not a real home game, I am sure they were not all hardcore basketball enthusiasts, but I was disappointed by those in the section around us.

The Boston garden is pretty nice. I would love to be there when it is rocking.

We took the train back to Philly and saw the Seahawks beat the Eagles....Impression: Eagles fans are scary.

Go Zags!

Eagles Fans are NUTS...It is a health risk wearing an opponent's gear at an Eagles game. They are just NUTS!!!!

Rubbadub
12-04-2007, 06:38 AM
There was a trophy presentation? or are you just pulling my leg? :confused:

Either way, nope didn't see it and didn't know about it. :)

ZagMan in Philly
12-04-2007, 06:41 AM

Yuppp..at center court with all his teammates..i have pictures to prove..i just need to know how to post them here...let me figure it out.

ZagMan in Philly
12-04-2007, 06:49 AM

See the attachments, this is the only way i know how to post images.
I am impress with all the Celtics Championship banners hanging in the Garden.

TR11Zag
12-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Eagles Fans are NUTS...It is a health risk wearing an opponent's gear at an Eagles game. They are just NUTS!!!!

Eagles fans are nuts. We got booed and called names all game.

ZagMan in Philly
12-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Eagles fans are nuts. We got booed and called names all game.

Not sure where you sat, it is a lot worse up in the cheap seats...trust me.
I have seen quite a few brawls and verbal abuses to non Eagle fans.

GonzagaGurl08
12-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Yuppp..at center court with all his teammates..i have pictures to prove..i just need to know how to post them here...let me figure it out.

Hey ZagMan, here is a link to a thread by ZagNative on how to post pictures. I recommend the 2nd thread in the post. http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=4632

ZagNative
12-04-2007, 11:05 AM
ZagMan in Philly, Wow! Thanks! Those photos are great!