PDA

View Full Version : Seattle PI: Campers line up for tickets to No. 8 WSU at No. 17 Gonzaga

caduceus
12-04-2007, 01:42 AM
Fun article!

Seattle PI Article (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6420ap_bkc_t25_zags_vs_cougs.html)

"We're getting wet," Ackerman said, as he staked down the tent that had been uprooted by winds that gusted to 30 mph.

Dozens of other tents were straining in the winds and soaked by nearly an inch of rain in the past 24 hours, the students inside shrieking with every gust.

"They're crazy if you ask me," Gonzaga player Jeremy Pargo said of the campers.

The team planned to send pizzas to the fans, assistant coach Leon Rice said.

Rice said the Gonzaga team arrived home from a road game in Boston about 2 a.m. on Sunday to discover the tent city.

"These guys were braving the elements like Lewis and Clark," Rice said. "One guy said `I hope I don't die.'"

Risking death is the only option for most people who want to see the game. Gonzaga's 6,000-seat athletic center has been sold out since it opened. Student tickets, allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, always require some type of wait.

Radbooks
12-04-2007, 06:29 AM
Here is some video (http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/sportslink/) about the kids camping out. They look miserable! :)

You may have to scroll down a bit because this is on the Sportslink site.

MDZag
12-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Damn I miss those days...

MedZag
12-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Damn I miss those days...

Was just about to post the same thing.

former1dog
12-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Wow, pretty amazing stuff.

Honestly, if it were like that when I was a student, I probably wouldn't have seen many games. :(

Who Dat
12-04-2007, 08:21 AM
I remember sneeking into the old kennel a couple hours early for a big game aginst Pepp.. I sat on the ####ter for almost an hour.:o

former1dog
12-04-2007, 08:25 AM
I remember sneeking into the old kennel a couple hours early for a big game aginst Pepp.. I sat on the ####ter for almost an hour.:o

:lmao: :lmao:

Must have been a helluva bender the night before! Next time, drink more water and less beer.

:lmao:

TheBeast
12-04-2007, 08:32 AM
The only time I had to camp out was for tickets to the Homecoming game against Pepp in '02. That was a fun night. The next day was not so fun being surrounded by hundreds of other students that hadn't showered in 24+ hours either... Totally worth it.

ZagMan in Philly
12-04-2007, 08:48 AM
more ...http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=12616
great spirit...

Who Dat
12-04-2007, 08:50 AM
:lmao: :lmao:

Must have been a helluva bender the night before! Next time, drink more water and less beer.

:lmao:

No the pooper was my hidding spot. I was compleatly sober but my butt was numb.

Reborn
12-04-2007, 09:09 AM
I've been hoping for this. This is exactly what I mean when I say that the Kennel Club will be ready for The Cougs. This is the Kennel Club's contribution to the forklore about Zagdom. It attracted me in the beginning just as much as the team did. I'm talking about those crazy students in '99 who were making Natiional news....and let me tell you...they were crazy. That's what the love of fans looks like. Pargo is right. They...we...are crazy. Sports do that to us.

We are ready....the students in the tents are ready,,,and so are the Zags. It's all about sacrifice and love...the students make that clear.

cougs4ever
12-04-2007, 09:31 AM

You need more cheese, less bran.