PDA

View Full Version : Collegeinsider.com mid-major top 25

kitzbuel
12-03-2007, 06:57 PM
GU is #2 with St Mary's #3. Butler has 30 of the 31 first place votes.

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/

mgadfly
12-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Probably because the Butler representative (Brad Stevens) couldn't vote for his own team.

HillBillyZag
12-04-2007, 01:28 AM
We're in good company ,there are a lot of teams in the Mid-Majors poll that make the BCS and Tobacco Road Schools wet their pampers year after year.

Zagme-totheleft!
12-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Probably because the Butler representative (Brad Stevens) couldn't vote for his own team.

haha, i didnt know that but what a joke. maybe he just chose to not vote for them to seem unbiased. lol

Butler Guy
12-04-2007, 07:11 AM
The 21st team, Valpo, is a new member of the Horizon League this year. I am glad they are in the league they are quality enough to keep the Horizon League aggregate RPI at around 8-11 annually. Plus, it gives the league ten teams which makes the schedule much better. Valpo is Butler's "traveling partner", meaning if Butler plays UIC on Thursday, then Valpo would play Loyola that day. Then the two teams will switch for the Saturday. Having ten teams allows for all conference games to be Thursday-Saturday (home) then Thursday-Saturday (away) - it's very efficient.

kitzbuel
12-04-2007, 03:38 PM
The 21st team, Valpo, is a new member of the Horizon League this year. I am glad they are in the league they are quality enough to keep the Horizon League aggregate RPI at around 8-11 annually. Plus, it gives the league ten teams which makes the schedule much better. Valpo is Butler's "traveling partner", meaning if Butler plays UIC on Thursday, then Valpo would play Loyola that day. Then the two teams will switch for the Saturday. Having ten teams allows for all conference games to be Thursday-Saturday (home) then Thursday-Saturday (away) - it's very efficient.
That was the WCAC (old WCC) schedule back in the late 80's when I was at GU. Always had games on Thurs and Sat. I always liked that because it seemed like the weekend was kicking off on a thurs every home stand.

Ziggy
12-04-2007, 04:00 PM

A ten team WCC would be very nice! But I ain't naming any names, see?