PDA

View Full Version : It's so awesome to see recruits...

DubZag
02-23-2007, 01:21 PM
...interesting in coming to Spokane to play.

When I first became a Zag fan in the late 90s, they were just a "feel good story." Now, they're a big-time program. I remember getting a letter of interest during my junior year in high school, but once they reached the dance and did what they did, I figured I had zero chance of making the team there.

I didn't even know much about them in junior high or high school, sadly. There just wasn't a lot of buzz about them that reached Moses Lake. But going to GU team camp got me hooked on this squad.

Fast forward nearly 10 years, and we are hauling in four star recruits, and it's just awesome to see that we even have five star guys interested in coming here. I was just wondering if any other program has had a rise like that so fast?

BobZag
02-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Fast rises, yes, but unable to sustain it for so long. Only some BCS schools can sustain what Gonzaga has been able to.

RebornZag
02-23-2007, 08:33 PM
BobZag!!! I almost thought you were going to use the "E" word...:) But an old pro of the Boards like you is to savvy for that mistake. Leave that up to Rookies like me. :D