PDA

View Full Version : Gray at Practice!

Zerogame
12-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Just watched sports on KREM 2 and Steven Gray was running drills with team. No cast!

HOOTER
12-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Good news! Last I heard he wouldn't be back 'till the end of the month. I wonder if this means he'll be back sooner that expected.

BobZag
12-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Some kids just naturally heal faster than others, but I'd err on the side of caution and wait till Gray's wrist is fully healed, be in the OU game, Tenn game or UGA game. Ditto for Josh.

75Zag
12-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Various places are predicting Josh and Gray both back by the 12/20 Oklahoma game. I have no idea whether they know what they are talking about, but it would be nice if it is true.

zagsballer
12-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Good!! But yes, take your time and get right, then come back and do what you do Steven

HOOTER
12-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Good!! But yes, take your time and get right, then come back and do what you do Steven

There's definitely no rush. The team seems to be doing just fine at the moment. Can you imagine a Zag's team at full strength come conference play? I feel sorry for the other WCC teams this season (not really).

zagsballer
12-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Can you imagine a Zag's team at full strength come conference play? (not really).

I can't wait... When we are healthy, and back in sync, it will be fun to watch. Unfortunately your probably right. That may not be until conference play. But that is fine because come March... Ooh, Im excited, it will be fun!!

Go Zags!!

MedZag
12-03-2007, 07:26 PM
If he's out of a cast that means the ortho doc was satisfied with the integrity of the bone. 18 year old kids' bones heal fast (we usually conservatively say 8 weeks for adults, 6 weeks for teens, and 4 weeks for children - and often things progress faster).

If he's out of a cast with doctor approval (as I'd assume) then that means he's probably got a nice strong bone callous formed. The wrist is a ring formed by the radius and ulna. Think of it like a pretzel - if it breaks on one side it almost always breaks somewhere else. But typically the second "break" will be ligament damage through the wrist joint itself - but if Gray is already running drills it looks likely this was not the case. Which is good, because he'll get his ROM back more readily.

zag67
12-03-2007, 07:36 PM
He may be running the "no contact" or light contact drills for conditioning. Then when he gets final approval, he will not starting at ground zero. But this is super, but I would not expect him for probably 2 weeks.:)

former1dog
12-03-2007, 07:45 PM
MedZag and other posters in the medical profession:

Just wanted to give a heartfelt thanks for your insight! I always appreciate the free expertise you all share. Thanks a million!

zagster318
12-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Various places are predicting Josh and Gray both back by the 12/20 Oklahoma game. I have no idea whether they know what they are talking about, but it would be nice if it is true.

I am driving up from Dallas to see the OU game...that would be a wonderful surprise.

CDC84
12-03-2007, 11:57 PM
I would be nice to get one or both of these guys back before the OU game so that they can get their feet wet versus a Northern Colorado type team before taking on a BCS team out of state. But like BZ says, they need to be careful to not rush these guys back. Especially with the current team playing like they are right now.

Nevtelen
12-04-2007, 12:41 AM
I'd especially hate to see them rush Josh back. Even if his wrist isn't 100%, it wouldn't be that easy for Gray to really reinjure it in a game (it could happen, I guess, but isn't a commonplace injury). Josh's foot, though... man, that ankle better be 110% before he starts banging in the post and getting up for those dunks.

Reborn
12-04-2007, 09:41 AM
I had a really wierd dream last night....The Zags had planned the whole injury thing for Josh and Stephen, in order to get the basketball world to buy into their injury. Really there weren't any. The casts, the surgery et al were all staged. And then for the Tennessee game they came out of their casts and played as if they had never sustained an injury.....What kind of a dream IS THAT? Where oh where do dreams come from. And the INTERESTING thing about the dream was that GU had only suffered the one defeat to TT. Just reading this thing about stephen made me remember the dream. :D

Rubbadub
12-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Ray Giacoletti told a writer for the SLT today that both would be back on the court within the next two weeks.

lothar98zag
12-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Ray Giacoletti told a writer for the SLT today that both would be back on the court within the next two weeks.
:link:

Rubbadub
12-04-2007, 10:22 AM
http://blogs.sltrib.com/utehoops/2007/12/giacoletti-bouncing-back-well-with.htm

sittingon50
12-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Ray "in over his head?" Wow, Utah must be really special!

Nevtelen
12-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, not sure I buy that line. Glad to hear that Gray and Heytvelt will be back soon, though - maybe Oklahoma, maybe Tenn or Utah, but soon.

PortlandbasedZag
12-04-2007, 02:05 PM
"Giacoletti said, especially since they have compiled their record without injured forward Josh Heytvelt (yes, the 'shroom dude) and guard Stephen Gray. Both of those players are expected back in the next couple of weeks, though, meaning the Utes should really have their hands full when they meet the Zags in Spokane on New Year's Eve."

There is NO way they could beat us even without Heytvelt or Grey....has this writer even seen us play this year???? What a joke....