PDA

View Full Version : The more I read the UConn boards and articles...

LongIslandZagFan
12-03-2007, 04:06 PM
the more I scratch my head.

We were the favored team. We were the ranked team. Explain to me how we are a bad loss for them? I'd love to have a UConn fan explain that to me.

If anything that was a game WE were supposed to win, so therefor it would have only been a bad loss for us.

:argh::enraged::argh::enraged:

former1dog
12-03-2007, 04:09 PM
LIZF,

You've touched on something here. (and this is NOT directed your way, LIZF, you know that)

The reaction of the UCONN fans is what I fear is starting to happen as GU becomes a "big time" program.

Us "old farts", who have been around awhile and know where we've come from and don't necessarily have that entitlement feeling are generally already tired of the hyper sensitive, manic fans that go along with such consistent and tremendous success that GU has had.

The price of success?

I hope not.

ZagNative
12-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Former1Dog's point is exactly why I posted this thread (http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=7513) earlier today. I could have included a reference to UConn in the title, but my concern was more about us and less about them.

former1dog
12-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Former1Dog's point is exactly why I posted this thread (http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=7513) earlier today. I could have included a reference to UConn in the title, but my concern was more about us and less about them.

That is an excellent thread, ZN. We do tend to be redundant around here, don't we. :)

UberZagFan
12-03-2007, 04:27 PM
The more I read the UConn boards and articles...

Then quit reading their boards and articles. :D

LongIslandZagFan
12-03-2007, 04:52 PM

Wasn't so much that I feel we "Should" have won the game. IMHO we like anyone else is beatable... heck if we are lucky we will split with St. Mary's IMHO.

That being said... its the constant din of us being a bad loss... when, if you look at it with any sense of logic... would never be the case take our name off the marquee and replace it with an ACC team ranked the same and it would be a good loss.

Sorry for the redudancy, but the lunacy of their attitude is just so befuddling.

BTW... did I ever mention I hate Puke-on and Jim Con-man-houn?

LongIslandZagFan
12-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Then quit reading their boards and articles. :D

Don't know what possessed me to do it. At least I kept myself from actually posting over there. :p

BobZag
12-03-2007, 05:59 PM
They better get ready for another "bad loss" next year. :)

This is my final post re: UConn. Bigger fish to fry.

Zagpower
12-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Slight correction: We were the higher ranked team. UConn was the favorite. UConn was favored by 5-6 points which is a pretty decent spread.

exiledhusky
12-03-2007, 08:19 PM

We were the favored team. We were the ranked team. Explain to me how we are a bad loss for them? I'd love to have a UConn fan explain that to me.

If anything that was a game WE were supposed to win, so therefor it would have only been a bad loss for us.

:argh::enraged::argh::enraged:

Check out my handle. There is a reason I left UConn's two boards. The only people left are a handful of die hards who post under numerous handles, sometimes even back and forth to themselves. To them, UConn is unbeatable and no amount of reasoning will alter that mind set.

Now, in so far as rank is concerned, those guys know it doesn't mean didly, either you can play or you can't. Fortunately, Gonzaga can play. As you get more exposure to deep runs in the dance, you will come to realize the only number that counts is the #1 on the last day. If you attain that lofty status, enjoy it, it only last 48 hours and then the pre-season polls come out.

LongIslandZagFan
12-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Check out my handle. There is a reason I left UConn's two boards. The only people left are a handful of die hards who post under numerous handles, sometimes even back and forth to themselves. To them, UConn is unbeatable and no amount of reasoning will alter that mind set.

Now, in so far as rank is concerned, those guys know it doesn't mean didly, either you can play or you can't. Fortunately, Gonzaga can play. As you get more exposure to deep runs in the dance, you will come to realize the only number that counts is the #1 on the last day. If you attain that lofty status, enjoy it, it only last 48 hours and then the pre-season polls come out.

I knew there were some sane UConn fans out there.

Rubbadub
12-04-2007, 06:23 AM
LIZF,

You've touched on something here. (and this is NOT directed your way, LIZF, you know that)

The reaction of the UCONN fans is what I fear is starting to happen as GU becomes a "big time" program.

Us "old farts", who have been around awhile and know where we've come from and don't necessarily have that entitlement feeling are generally already tired of the hyper sensitive, manic fans that go along with such consistent and tremendous success that GU has had.

The price of success?

I hope not.

If I catch exactly what you are saying, there's an obvious response: some of the "old farts" on this board are just as bad if not worse with the hyper sensitive and manic reactions after losses than the younger guys like me. You can't just write off the idiots that make their way to this board after losses as young guys with a sense of entitlement. There are plenty of other things to write them off as though. :D

former1dog
12-04-2007, 06:39 AM
If I catch exactly what you are saying, there's an obvious response: some of the "old farts" on this board are just as bad if not worse with the hyper sensitive and manic reactions after losses than the younger guys like me. You can't just write off the idiots that make their way to this board after losses as young guys with a sense of entitlement. There are plenty of other things to write them off as though. :D

Just to clarify, I put "old farts" in quotations to indicate individuals who have been hanging around the boards for years and most of whom remember the mid to late 80's when GU had a pretty bad team, in terms of wins and losses. It wasn't really meant to be a comment on age, per se.

LongIslandZagFan
12-04-2007, 06:43 AM
Just to clarify, I put "old farts" in quotations to indicate individuals who have been hanging around the boards for years and most of whom remember the mid to late 80's when GU had a pretty bad team, in terms of wins and losses. It wasn't really meant to be a comment on age, per se.

F1D... if we are old enough to remember the late 80s... we ain't young. Nuff said. :D

former1dog
12-04-2007, 06:47 AM
F1D... if we are old enough to remember the late 80s... we ain't young. Nuff said. :D

I still feel young. :confused: ;)

Rubbadub
12-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Ah yes...the late 80's. Good times. Back then I was in England, had a chauffer or two and was able to visit many of the historic castles for free. :D

former1dog
12-04-2007, 06:57 AM
Ah yes...the late 80's. Good times. Back then I was in England, had a chauffer or two and was able to visit many of the historic castles for free. :D

Huh? :confused:

Rubbadub
12-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Huh? :confused:

I was a toddler...think about it.

exiledhusky
12-04-2007, 11:21 PM
I knew there were some sane UConn fans out there.

Thanks. Husky die hards have dis-owned me. Little do the fools realize the only way UConn gets back on track is if the fan base demands it.