PDA

View Full Version : SRO tickets

lawzag
12-03-2007, 12:55 PM
So, a game this much in demand...that could make GU sooooo much additional money,

why would the University not send out an e-mail to bulldog club members selling maybe 200-300 SRO tickets at $20 each. I bet they would sell out in under 1/2 hour!

SintoZag
12-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Where would they stand?

lawzag
12-03-2007, 01:05 PM
railing at both "basket" ends & in the corners between the boxes & the stairs to the rafter seats :D

zagzealot
12-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed. But am I recalling correctly that GU has access to ESPNU? If so, why not show it at the Martin Center for some $? Maybe I'm just thinking of non-ESPNU games that they show at the Student Center. Anyone out there in the know?

zagporvida
12-03-2007, 01:45 PM
if GU has access to ESPNU, I don't think they do at this point because there has nothing been sent out about staff or students being able to view it anywhere on campus.

I did not a DISH Network truck in the AD building parking lot. :D

Zag 77
12-03-2007, 10:51 PM
In the old Kennel, Dan Fitzgerald would play cat and mouse with the Fire Inspector and jam people in. He still tells war stories about that. I don't think you could get away with that in a modern facility in the public eye like the MAC. Somehow I don't see AD Roth taking a chance on getting written up for a citation for the sake of a few extra bucks.

BroncoZAG615
12-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Gonzaga does have ESPNU access. For the St. Joes game they sent out an e-mail inviting students to watch the game in Pandini's, one of the on-campus dining areas. I can only assume that they will show the game on campus for students that weren't lucky enough to get tickets, maybe even for Spokane residents.

gwild999
12-04-2007, 02:48 AM
GU Does not have ESPNU access as of the St. Joes game. They spent all week advertising that Pandini's would show the game but apparently no one bothered to check that they actually could show it. When they realized they didn't have ESPNU, they put up a sign and made a lot of underclassmen very upset. A pretty dumb mistake if you ask me.

zagzealot
12-04-2007, 09:10 AM
That's really too bad. I saw on the Coug board yesterday that they showed the Coug-Baylor game in Beasley for free. I would guess they'd do the same for the GU game. It would be nice if GU could get on board and do the same if they're going to continue to be a part of this kind of TV Contract.

gamagin
12-04-2007, 09:43 AM
and I believe the place coud be filled with the SRO's and any other fans willing to be near enough to hear the live roars while enjoying themselves nearby.

Those inside K2 & the teams & players could also hear the action going on next door.

and a tv showing the crowd in the K1 would be nice, too, connecting the two. cut away once in awhile, one to the other.

it's a possibility anyway, for a big game like this.

hondo46
12-04-2007, 10:16 AM
I believe that the number of people you could legaly put in the building is determined by the exit routes not by the number of seats in the building. So there may be a little room to put a few more people in. Besides that, the Fire Marshall is a GU grad and has been a pretty good sport who probably would understand that this is not going to happen every game unless she were to somehow find game tickets on her desk. Just kidding of course.

GonzagaGurl08
12-04-2007, 12:08 PM
and I believe the place coud be filled with the SRO's and any other fans willing to be near enough to hear the live roars while enjoying themselves nearby.

Those inside K2 & the teams & players could also hear the action going on next door.

and a tv showing the crowd in the K1 would be nice, too, connecting the two. cut away once in awhile, one to the other.

it's a possibility anyway, for a big game like this.

Great idea gamagin. I bet that it would be popular for some of the bigger away games. Who do we write to about this?