PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Theodore

spudzag
02-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Hope he is recovering from the broken jaw. Was trying to put myself in his shoes thinking about Memphis, Marquette and Gonzaga, the teams he's named as his final 3.

Memphis hasn't offered. They have signed Derrick Rose '07and Willie Kemp '06 in front of him. It's hard to see JT getting any playing time if Rose stays.

At Marguette Dominic Jones would be ahead of him but is in the same time line as Pargo if I have my years right. So they have room and would seem to be our real competition, barring any last minute entries.

Given the talent coming in and our other signee for 2008 it would look like a pretty good situation if I were JT. Let's hope he gets out for a vist after his league is over and before AAU starts. He just seems like such a great fit and slot waiting.

mnzag24
02-23-2007, 01:19 PM
how did he break his jaw? game? something else?

wazZag
02-23-2007, 01:34 PM
He might be done recovering...

http://www.metrohoops.com/2007%20documents/Crosgile%20and%20Gillespie%20lead%20depaul%20past% 20PC.htm

BobZag
02-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Theodore
Tinsley
Poling (already committed)

Theodore has Pargo-like game but smaller like PMAC, he's very quick and loves to play D. Tinsley is a tough, gritty guy with a Pendo-like attitude and Santangelo-like game, a throwback type of Zag.

If Babbitt chooses GU, great.... But I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Things change. We'll see how it all shakes out in the next few months.

spudzag
02-23-2007, 04:06 PM
The good things about dreams is that they don't have to be based completely in reality. Three of the four you mention Bob would satisfy my dream for solid '08 class.

As lond as we are talking dreams, I'd sure love to see them all on board this spring; summer at the latest.

Zaghuatanejo
02-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Speaking of Poling, have they got the weight-issue figured out? Is he now able to keep food down and put on some weight?

BobZag
02-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Don't know. They really do need to solve that mystery illness.

ZagAddict
02-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Right now my hopes for the 2008 recruiting class:

Babbitt (not likely)
Theodore (chances looking good)
Poling (committed to GU)

Others options I would like to see:

Tinsley
DeAngelo Casto

Not much has been talked about Tinsley lately. How are our chances with him? Would be a great addition for the Zags...

DeAngelo Casto's stock seems to be rising. It seems like he continues to improve and with another year at Ferris he could be a solid recruit for 2008 in an area of need for GU.

BobZag
02-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Tinsley, definitely interested.

Casto, a Big Sky type player.

Jmo.

jbslicer
02-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Frontier Conference