PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Goodman article

theothegreat21
12-01-2007, 08:18 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7514212

This team is really going to be something special with all of our weapons healthy

brasszag
12-01-2007, 08:25 PM
The quotes I'm seeing from the players sounds like they are focused on just 1 thing.

To be the last team standing.

"Naturally, our goal — like everyone else — is to win the national championship," Pargo said. "But now it's something that we realistically can accomplish."

MedZag
12-01-2007, 08:34 PM
The quotes I'm seeing from the players sounds like they are focused on just 1 thing.

To be the last team standing.

It's sounds crazy. The only other time I've seen a team believe they could go all the way was Morrison's last one - but even that team didn't seem to believe as strongly that they could win it all as this one.

We're not there yet. But simply (and truly) believing they can is a really big deal. It's tough to get that attitude.

lothar98zag
12-03-2007, 01:50 PM
It's sounds crazy. The only other time I've seen a team believe they could go all the way was Morrison's last one - but even that team didn't seem to believe as strongly that they could win it all as this one.

We're not there yet. But simply (and truly) believing they can is a really big deal. It's tough to get that attitude.
The last GU team I recall talking about the FF was the 2004 team. IIRC they even had a small feature on CBS the morning of the 2nd round of the tourney...

...and then a few hours later they played Nevada...

zagporvida
12-03-2007, 01:52 PM
All the final four talk and such will not go to their heads and they will realize that they have to go out and play hard each and every game and that doing so will get them where they want to go.

GO ZAGS!

lothar98zag
12-03-2007, 01:56 PM
All the final four talk and such will not go to their heads and they will realize that they have to go out and play hard each and every game and that doing so will get them where they want to go.

GO ZAGS!
So far it looks like the Texas Tech game helped them figure that out, at least for now.

Personally I'd rather they bite their tongues about the FF in public. At least until the program makes it to its 1st FF, but whatever. As long as they keep winning, I guess it's all A-OK.

rennis
12-03-2007, 02:01 PM
I'd have to imagine just about every team since 2004 believed they had what it took to make it...maybe not last year, but the rest of them did. Was it 2005 that Errol guaranteed a Final Four? Or was that 2006? I can't remember?

:D

goes to show, knowing you can and doing it are two entirely different things.

CDC84
12-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Outside of the 1999 team, I felt the 2004/05 team was the best equipped team to make the final 4. That was the year where Ronny and JP were in the frontcourt with Adam starting to become a star. If GU hadn't blown it against Texas Tech, they had a very clear path to the final 4 due to Wake Forest getting upset in the 2nd round in GU's bracket. Gonzaga was better than West Virginia and Louisville....both teams would have had problems containing GU's frontcourt players.

LongIslandZagFan
12-03-2007, 02:27 PM
As long as they aren't going out and stating they WILL win the NC, I'm OK with it.