PDA

View Full Version : Jim Meehan story in the Review

ZagNative
12-01-2007, 08:03 PM
gonzaga - Connecticut Game Story (http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/sportslink/archive/?postID=6594#more)

Jeremy Pargo became the first Bulldog to play every minute of a game this season. He piled up 23 points, five assists, four rebounds and zero turnovers in 40 minutes.

On the exhausting travel schedule:

“I had thought about taking Friday off (between games), but maybe that’s not a good thing for these guys,” Few joked. “They seem like they’re fairly resistant. They were terrific.”

Pargo, who entered the game 1 of 16 on 3-pointers, found his shooting touch and equaled his career high with 23 points. He made four 3-pointers, a couple with defenders daring him to shoot. Three of Pargo’s 3s came in the first half as GU weathered an early burst of Huskies’ 3-pointers.

“He kept us in that game for a while,” guard Matt Bouldin said. “That’s how people have been guarding him, they’ve been sagging off, but he played great.”

Bouldin hit two consecutive 3-pointers after Connecticut (5-2) had assumed a 67-63 lead with 9:43 remaining.

“Once we gained that momentum we weren’t stopping,” said Bouldin, who finished with 19 points, 17 in the second half.

Wing Micah Downs, who didn’t start because of a technical foul he picked up in the second half of the Saint Joseph’s game, produced the third double-double of his career with 14 points and 11 rebounds, five on the offensive glass.

“It’s who we are right now,” Few said of Gonzaga’s guard line. “I thought going into the year they were as good as any three guards, as a group, in the country and they showed it tonight. Matt did, Jeremy did and Micah, somebody said he had a double-double, which is incredible for his stature at 144 pounds or whatever he weighs.”

Micah? 144 pounds at 6'8"? Is he kidding?

MedZag
12-01-2007, 08:17 PM
I think Few was being facetious. Micah is more like 190 pounds. Which for 6'8" is skinny as all get out but still.

ZagNative
12-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I should have looked that up before I opened my mouth and let my gullibility out for all to see. Love that Fewie has a sense of humor.

GonzagaGurl08
12-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Austin Daye on the other hand might weigh not much more than 144, he's a little beanpole.

Birddog
12-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Austin Daye on the other hand might weigh not much more than 144, he's a little beanpole.
Somebody referred to him (Daye) earlier, I think after the 1st exhibition game, as a bag of sticks. I think of that and how accurate the description was every time I see him now.

Birddog

Nevtelen
12-02-2007, 02:48 AM
My wife says he looks kind of like a newborn giraffe - that length and gawky grace. That's so true - especially in a lot of stills. But man, that is one giraffe who can flat-out ball. :)

zagzealot
12-02-2007, 12:42 PM
My kids have decided that the reason he wears a t-shirt under his jersey is because he doesn't want anyone to see how skinny those arms are all the way up to his shoulders! ;)