PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the game for UCONN

former1dog
12-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Woo Hoo asked someone to start this thread for him, might as well be me.

Mine, Sacre. Clutch play for the freshmen in a tough environment. Not a stat leader in any category, but he had a huge impact on this game.

It could have just as well went to Pargo or Bouldin, of course. One of those guys will probably win the compilation, but I'm giving it to Sacre.

LynetteG
12-01-2007, 01:59 PM
tough to choose but am going to say Bouldin. he was incredibly hot in the 2nd half, WOW!

brasszag
Bouldin is my GUnit - solid play all around

Bocco
Bouldin played a great game.
Also really appreciated Downs effort, he really appears to have committed himself to do what ever it takes to help the team win.

jazzdelmar
12-01-2007, 02:00 PM
..........by a slight margin over Pgo and MB...then Rob....Pgo played strong but left a lotta pts on the table with missed layups and FTs....MB had a lousy 1st half and also missed FTs.........Micah is the best all round plyr on the team this yr

BilboZaggins
12-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Tie: Bouldin and Pargo.

ChelseywoohooZag
12-01-2007, 02:01 PM
I've got to go with Bouldin too. Many of his baskets were the shots that put us back on top. Onions.

Gonzdb8
12-01-2007, 02:01 PM
agreed: pargo and bouldin. followed by MD and Big Rob.

mendiant
12-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Bouldin...free throws, assists. threes,

Matt was the man.

Pargo, warm thoughts...the last second dish to Pendo had me totally loving him.

Eat your spinach honey, at least a little lettuce with your cheeseburgers.

They will help you with FT...

LOVE,
mendiant

LynetteG
12-01-2007, 02:03 PM
just fyi, woohoo does not count votes when listed as ties...

john montana
12-01-2007, 02:05 PM
i'm going with sacre as well (though i'm torn between rob, downs and bouldin). bottom line, when he was in the game he changed it just by his presence. it wasn't his buckets or rebounds, just the fact that he generally kept his man off the glass. when he was out, we got pounded on the glass (8-0 run by uconn.)

big night for rob whether the stats bear that out or not.

TacomaZAG
Without Pendo's effort underneath and his big shot just before half to give us momentum, I don't think we win that game. Taking nothing away from anyone else (Pargo and Bouldin were huge and Sacre is a MAN in the paint), but I have to vote for Pendo, and I hope he puts a UCONN sticker on his lunchbox.

Go ZAGS

GU69
I think the coach won this one.

mendiant
12-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Looks Like We Have A Really Balanced Team This Year:d

alaskazagnut
12-01-2007, 02:08 PM
If anyone else had shot the free throws we would have lost the game at the end. Just like the field goal kicker who wins the football game with 3 seconds left, and then winning the MVP award. Daye won the game for us regardless of what happened earlier in the game. We have another Raivio for end game clinching. Huge for Gonzaga to figure this out and prove it on the court.

GonzPeter
12-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Pargo & Bouldin were huge. No turnovers for Pargo and came up huge with unexpected 3s in the first half. Bouldin? He's led two monster comebacks in two days. I love the guard play potential when Gray is healthy.

RenoZag
12-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Matt Bouldin.

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/e3e11570-4bfc-4dc6-8aad-a32a44319988.jpg

Congrats to the Frequent Flyin' Zags for a 2-0 Road Trip !

Baldwinzag
12-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Close call between Pargo or Bouldin. Pargo's aggressiveness and timely scoring kept us in the game and gave us the chance we needed to win; however, his missed FT's to win the game were frusterating. Bouldin's clutch shooting and overall consistency allowed him to take over the game at the right time. MB is making a strong case as our MVP. With that said, our guards really stepped up big in this game and our team pulled out an awesome victory. Go Zags!

I'll go with Bouldin by a slight margin.

Radbooks
12-01-2007, 02:13 PM
This is a tough one but I'm voting for Bouldin. I loved watching Sacre, he did a great job and I think he earned himself a lot of playing time today, but Matt played really well.

Ezag
12-01-2007, 02:14 PM
I agree with all the above however can't forget about Micah. He was solid with steals, deflections, all around great D, 14 points and I not sure but 12 rebounds at least

Birddog
12-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Sacre followed closely by Downs, Bouldin, Pargo, and Pendo. Sacre was a MAN today.

Birddog

ZagNative
12-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Wow! This is tough! A nice problem to have, so many great players today. Got to go with Matt, though Pargo deserves some special huzzahs!

BobZag
12-01-2007, 02:18 PM
As tempted as I am to say Matt or Pargo...

Micah grabbed 11 boards against big, tall trees, enabling GU to only be outrebounded by a handful by a team with a +11 rpg average. 14 pts wasn't bad, either, plus he more than redeemed himself for that T.

I'm going with Micah.

Bulldog
12-01-2007, 02:20 PM
The zag's need to make free throws. If they would have sunk all their free throw's, it would have been an easy win not counting the stupid turnovers.
Focus!!!!!!

CDC84
12-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Micah Downs had a double double today. His 11 boards today were the most that any player had on the floor today (Jeff Adrien also had 11). This is against the best rebounding team in the nation and a very physical frontline.

Downs is making fools out of all the critics who questioned his weakness and toughness as a player. He has been my team MVP through the first 8 games. He's playing like a real Zag.

fedwayzag
12-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Gotta go with Micha as well. A double double. I would have never thought when Micha came to GU we would see 11 boards from him. Continues to play tough D.

asoc
12-01-2007, 02:27 PM
My vote is for Bouldin. Seemed to carry the team in the 2nd half. Close 2nd is Pargo.

Most of the team stepped as needed at different parts of the game. It is possible to say without any one of those moments the Zags could have lost it. So props to the team.

Bocco
12-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Micah Downs had a double double today. His 11 boards today were the most that any player had on the floor today (Jeff Adrien also had 11). This is against the best rebounding team in the nation and a very physical frontline.

Downs is making fools out of all the critics who questioned his weakness and toughness as a player. He has been my team MVP through the first 8 games. He's playing like a real Zag.

I'll second that. I have really been impressed with Micah's play this year.

pbriz
12-01-2007, 02:32 PM
few for sure. You could really see the fire in his eyes. I don't blame him, who likes to lose to calhoun?

Zagpower
12-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I'll go with Matt. Came up big when we started to lose our momentum.

And how about that Defense? Held Uconn to 38%

:D

cair3
12-01-2007, 02:36 PM
LG only played in the first half but i liked what he did. Pendo had too many dumb plays to be GUnit. Pargo was awesome as well as MB in the second half. Sacre stepped up huge with his best game of his young career, actually finished well. GUnit to micah with 11 boards, good Defense caused tournovers, played tough, shot relatively well... GU really competed tonight

TM27
12-01-2007, 02:37 PM
What does a guy gotta do to get some love :) Pargo all the way! Downs rebounds, Bouldin huge shots, Sacre playing better than any of UConns big men, Pendo's sweat, and Dayes free throws MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IF JEREMY DOES NOT MANAGE THAT GAME THE WAY HE DID. 37 minutes, 0 TURNOVERS against an athletic UConn team. Huge step back jump shot from the free throw line, money 3 pointers... he took over at the 4 minutes mark.
I will even go so far as to say that was Jeremy's best all around game in a zag jersey. His management was Stepp'esq. It is like watching a completely different player than what we saw against WKU and TT. Jeremy is the key to this team success.

But in all seriousness, what a game...most everyone contributed. Sacre is a stud, Bouldin might just create the biggest match up problem for any 2 guard in D1 basketball, and Downs fire = Pendo's.

Huge road trip for GU....congrats to the team!

pbriz
12-01-2007, 02:42 PM
What does a guy gotta do to get some love :) Pargo all the way! Downs rebounds, Bouldin huge shots, Sacre playing better than any of UConns big men, Pendo's sweat, and Dayes free throws MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IF JEREMY DOES NOT MANAGE THAT GAME THE WAY HE DID. 37 minutes, 0 TURNOVERS against an athletic UConn team. Huge step back jump shot from the free throw line, money 3 pointers... he took over at the 4 minutes mark.
I will even go so far as to say that was Jeremy's best all around game in a zag jersey. His management was Stepp'esq. It is like watching a completely different player than what we saw against WKU and TT. Jeremy is the key to this team success.

But in all seriousness, what a game...most everyone contributed. Sacre is a stud, Bouldin might just create the biggest match up problem for any 2 guard in D1 basketball, and Downs fire = Pendo's.

Huge road trip for GU....congrats to the team!

Ok you changed my vote. One more to Pargo

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Gotta go with Downs, the MD this team needs: he's playing unselfishly, doing all the dirty work and not forcing plays for the sake of showing off his considerable talents. He's exactly the example this team needs, his commitment to rebounding and defense and willingness to let the offensive end take care of itself is just the medicine everyone on this team needs to take in order to become special.

TwoCatsOne
12-01-2007, 02:46 PM
My vote is for Sacré. Every time he was on, the team seamed to rally. They seemed to go flat in his absence.

juliezag
12-01-2007, 02:47 PM
big rob sacre

Psychozag
12-01-2007, 02:55 PM
I think it is a tie between Bouldin, Downs, and Pargo, but I will say PARGO since there is a serious lack of love for him recently.

GonzagaLove
12-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Micah.

DoggieDogpound
12-01-2007, 03:06 PM
LG only played in the first half but i liked what he did. Pendo had too many dumb plays to be GUnit. Pargo was awesome as well as MB in the second half. Sacre stepped up huge with his best game of his young career, actually finished well. GUnit to micah with 11 boards, good Defense caused tournovers, played tough, shot relatively well... GU really competed tonight

Have to agree with the above....with my vote to Downs, with Pargo, MB and Sacre close behind.

MickMick
12-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Bouldin, Pargo, Downs, and Sacre.

Four way tie.

The best feelings I have about this road trip are of watching Sacre develop into a low post monster. He really performed better than I expected he would. It was against a physical team too.

bigblahla
12-01-2007, 03:12 PM
No way do we win without a total team effort.

My GU Units, The Zags!!!

Go!! Zags!!!

tyra
12-01-2007, 03:12 PM
I go with Burger Boy. Micah's totally unselfish whatever-it-takes play this year has been the single biggest surprise. But, hey, how about that return of Guard U today?!

Air Force Zag
12-01-2007, 03:20 PM
I am so happy that the GUnit call is so difficult...an embarrassment of riches for this team. Have to go with Bouldin, just barely above Downs. The biggest step up goes to Sacre - first game (that I have been able to see at least) where he truly looked to be in the flow of the game...the whole game, and at times even ahead of it. Of all the excellent players we have, his continued development will mean the most to us by season's end.

NorthWestZag
12-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Micah Downs

Came in off the bench because of his T against St. Joe's. Double-double with 11 rebounds against the BIGS (and I mean big) of UCONN.

roxdoc
12-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Its a tough call - but I go with Micah. On a side note Rob has gone from looking lost and lots of fouling in the first game to now being less tentative in his shot and for the first time beginning to go hard to the basket.
Too much muscle for Kuso, but Rob hung in there pretty well.

kitzbuel
12-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Pargo - That had to have been his most complete game of his career. Haven't had a chance to check box scores, but last I saw - no turn-overs and 23 (?) points. He played within control the whole game and still had those magical bursts when they were offered. Great game by the team as a whole though. Bouldin is close, Daye with his clutch FT shooting at the end - great confidence builder for him. This team got lot of good experience out of this game.

FrosTbear
12-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Sacre followed closely Downs- We stopped their bigs and It seemed that when Rob was in we became more aggressive. Great Game, Great Effort from everyone. Here we come WSU...your next

jim77
12-01-2007, 04:21 PM
"But, hey, how about that return of Guard U today?!"

Right on Tyra! The guard play was excellent as was the hustle of Pendo and Micah.

This is really a tough call and a TOTAL team victory but, I don't want WOOOOHOO screwing me out of my vote. I'm going with "BIG" Rob because he was one of the main reasons they were shooting 3's. I'm thinking they eat us up on the inside without ROB. The guy is really stepping up and him and Josh are gonna be nasty on the inside! Great game ZAGS!

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
12-01-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm saying Pendo...those two early threes and tough play throughout lead this team and kept them from being buried early.

Gotta go Pendo.

lawzag
12-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Absolutely the toughest call so far this year, while my top three were VERY close (Pargo, Micah & Bouldin), I'm going to have to go with Pargo.

Early on when the team was down, he stayed very calm continuing to run the offense as planned, made good decisions and made several 3-pt shots that kept the Zags in the game. He was our leading scorer with 23 pts. Then at the end, his leadership with Austin, just put the cap on my vote.

Incredible game JP!

sonuvazag
12-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Bouldin.

Pargo lost my vote at the FT line, but I liked seeing him shoot his way off the snide and liked the ball control. Downs is my GUnit of the year so far.

gueastcoast
12-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Just got back to New York from Beantown. Great Zag crowd, many of whom travelled some distance...they get a G-Unit honorable mention.

Clearly a team effort -- you could pick any one of six guys -- but I have to go with Downs, for the reasons many here have already called out. It wasn't just the rebounds, it was when he got them. Mental and physical toughness too -- imagine if he could gain some weight :D

MedZag
12-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Never thought it would be Sacre who was ready to play with the big boys and not Daye, but Big Rob really put a hurt on the Huskies down low.

But he still has foul trouble. My vote goes to Matty Boy. If not for his clutch 3 or 4 shots in the middle of the 2nd half we wouldn't have been in a position to take the lead. He was UNSTOPPABLE for a 4 minute stretch there.

gozagswoohoo
12-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Hey guys, this looks like the biggest turnout for a GUnit vote that I can ever remember, NICE! I have to admit, there were plenty of guys to vote for tonight...

My GUnit goes to Bouldin.

He was all over the place. When UConn could have put us away, he brought us right back in. He showed GUTS, DETERMINATION, AND SOME MAD-SKILL! I love that quick little pull-up 3 pointer. BIG! Keep it up Matt!

Honorable mention to Downs and Pargo, nice seeing a big game for Pargo again, we need him back.

Oh, and thanks former1 for startin the thread for me. I was busy puking in the toilet after watching Mizzou get hammered once again. CHOKE.

Zagnailler
12-01-2007, 08:22 PM
What a total team effort. The leader of the pack to these eyes was Pargo. Point production, defensive effort, initiating the offense and 0 turnovers aginst a legendary defensive coach, close the deal.

SDzagster
12-01-2007, 08:34 PM
I have to vote for Pargo - solid defense, solid offense, no turnovers.
I think he turned things around today after a poor start for many of the earlier games.

USMC69
12-01-2007, 09:11 PM
WOW! Great game. I am going with Matt and a close second to Downs.

Ziggy
12-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Its either Jereatt Boulgo or Micid Pendowns. I'm confused. It's too hard to separate an outstanding player from the bunch. Sorry I can't do it!;)

Nevtelen
12-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Wow - just got onto the board now for the first time since the game. You could find the superhuman and the painfull in almost every Zags game today, but they really came together and played as a team. What a game to fix a lot that was broken with the offense and just step up and take a confident, physical, hungry team down a peg...

Pargo is without queston my GUnit. Not only because of his great play, but especially because of how much he'd been struggling lately, both in the scoring dept and the team-running dept. Today it all just clicked (except those free throws - but with all the travel and all the work he did out on the floor, I'll allow him some leeway for tired legs).

I'd agree with several posters, though, and say that Micah was an absolute stud. Downs is definitely my GUint of the season so far - he's been a consistently hard-nosed, tough, emotional, solid player this entire season.

JLGutrocks
12-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Mark Few.

His decisions down the stretch won the chess match.

LongIslandZagFan
12-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Mr. Pargo... although sitting in the Garden... I felt the most comfortable with Matt controlling the ball... But Jeremey played a nearly flawless game IMHO. It'd be a toss up save for the fact that I think Mr. P-Go is back to his old self and deserves to get it.

gozagswoohoo
12-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Dang, another huge response for the GUnit of the game, awesome! I have tallied the votes, but we've still got a bunch of people voting. I think I will wait another few hours before I post the top vote getter. Maybe that will be my time frame, don't tally a winner for atleast 24 hours.

ZagMania
12-02-2007, 10:41 AM
My vote goes to Pargo. The three point shooting was huge, played the whole game without a turnover, and five assists..

However, something overlooked is how Pargo got UConn into some pretty heavy foul trouble with his physical drives getting AJ Price and Thabeet into foul trouble. You could say the same for Bouldin, but I specifically remember Pargo taking it straight to Thabeet and challenging him.

Well put by the previous posters, Guard U was definitely back in action on this road trip.

Rubbadub
12-02-2007, 12:50 PM
It's definitely Pargo. Bouldin did great as well though.

ZagNative
12-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Hey, Rubbadub! Welcome back! How was it? Speech! Speech!

Reborn
12-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Loved Pargo's game, Bouldin had a huge part to play. But I'm going to give it to Sacre because we were just lost out there without him. I'm getting more impressed with him every game, and when Josh comes back we will have one heck of a great low post, in the paint presence defensively, and offensively.

Thomas_Sutpen
12-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Bouldin...Clutch shooting to put us back in the game.

Honorable mentions to Pargo, Downs, & Sacre, for reasons recounted by other posters.

What a fun game to watch!

Rubbadub
12-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Hey, Rubbadub! Welcome back! How was it? Speech! Speech!

This is going to be a three part series...

I was thinking of taking photos for a more complete picture of what i knew i was getting into while traveling to and from this game but for some reason i decided not to..

Anyway...I leave my house at 2:00am...get to New York City sometime before noon and then take the Chinatown bus (extremely cheap travel between cities like DC, Baltimore, New York and Boston for those who don't know) to Boston, getting there at 1:30 pm. I had been hoping to walk around the city for an hour before the game but the weather was ridiculous.

I couldn't talk on the phone for more than about a minute without my hand starting to feel like it was turning into an ice cube. My Dunkin Donuts coffee was only warming for my hand for about a minute and then i had to duck into a CVS so I wouldn't have to throw my coffee away due to ice cube hand. I eventually gave up bc there weren't too many exciting looking not-every-day type people out on the streets (besides some crazies), and headed to the mini bar at the Arena.

Everyone there was either wearing UCONN or BC gear. On the tv was the beginning of the BC vs VT football game...but i didn't really care so when they opened up the arena for people to go sit down for the Zag game I was overjoyed. PS-----drunk Bostonians sound so damn funny, it was almost worth sitting around a little longer just to listen to them tell stories.

I go up the escalator to the arena only to find out I can't bring my back pack into the game and that there's no where in the arena or train station for me to store it. Lucky for me I had been exchanging text messages with LIZF and he let me put my bag in his trunk across the street. (I still kind of feel bad about this because I'm not sure whether he planned on staying for the Providence game but I needed my bag out of his trunk before the 7:00pm Chinatown bus back to New York).

back later with part 2.

Rubbadub
12-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Meeting LIZF was great. I had never met anyone from the board before and it's EXTREMELY upsetting to hear someone mention recent board topics, talk about posters he had met or use the phrase "that foul by Pargo is going to make the message board light up". It was like mixing dimensions that aren't supposed to be mixed (real world and GUBoards world). Then again, maybe I was just having the weird reaction because I hadn't slept for about 32 hours since Friday morning...everything was wierd--btw, I felt this seriously impacted my conversation skills. Not a good first meeting with the great LIZF.

There was no interesting Zag merchandise to be found (there was plenty at the MSG game last year) so I just headed up to the game at about 3. LIZF and his friend had seats off near the roof somewhere so said goodbye to him. The escalator to club seating had a guy who checks tickets in front of it to make sure you belong in that section--because Club seating is so awesome--and i go up there to find that pretty much the only cool things are pictures of Larry Bird, Robert Parrish and Kevin McHale up on the wall and the private bar. Not overly exciting.

I go to sit down and meet some people who have club level seating at every event at TDBNG...I of course try to ensure that they plan on rooting for the Zags and they say "yeah sure." :(

Looking up, I see that i'm in section 111 instead of 109 so I say goodbye to my new friends and go over to my real seat in 109. The two people in the row behind me are a player from Rob's Canadian high school team and his father. They were quite loud for the Zags the entire game. I also met Gonza. I had given him enough rep over the last few weeks after learning i'd be sitting near him that i was legally allowed to talk to him. Nice guy...talking too fast for me to keep up with, but again, that might have been because by that time I hadn't slept for 34-35 hours. There was a random guy in a Red Sox hat in the row in front of me who I kept hi fiving with whenever the Zags made a good play (I guess he was a BC fan). I felt we five did a good balancing of the UCONN fans we were surrounded by.

I was worried I'd end up on the Jumbo screen with bags under my eyes or something. I also spent a significant amount of time trying to think what i should do if i did wind up on it. I eventually decided i would point to my Zags jersey and say number one a bunch of times until the camera went away. Very original.

End of part two.

Rubbadub
12-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Overall, my time prior to the game wasn't that hot. The game itself was GREAT though. My palms are a little sore still from clapping so much. In my opinion the game was very similar to the St. Joseph's game..but this UCONN team has much more talent. If Pargo played half as well that game as this game, I really doubt there would have been a need for overtime. :D

Seeing Pendo with more confidence in his 3-point shot was exciting. Mid-way through the game I realized something that I hadn't really noticed before--a shooter's statistics in any given game are very heavily dependant upon how they start out. If they take a 3-point shot and miss terribly, they often pass up on open jumpers later on. Pargo's shot looked great early and..well...you saw how much confidence he put in that 3-ball the rest of the game.

My opinion after St. Josephs that Sacre will easily be a starter next season was reinforced. He already gets the system better than a lot of freshmen have. He still has trouble doing his own creating once he gets the ball though. Then again, he DID have a 7'3 future pro guarding him.

Bouldin wasn't able to do much of his usual taking advantage of smaller guards in the post. UCONN is just so damn physical and big. He played much more as a traditional guard and really thrived. Great to see.

This was Pargo's game. He could shake defenders whenever he wanted to. He could get to the basket against a 7'3 future pro center whenever he wanted to. The real competition was between him and the hoop! He could spin and juke his way past defenders but he couldn't navigate the ball's way into the basket!?!? Too many lay ups missed. He really opened up the outside for 3 pointers with his driving and assists to down low.

Poor Kuso was trying his hardest but he was outmatched by Thabeet. Maybe his best contribution was defense. Thabeet didn't have that great a game. None of their bigs did.

Austin was so firy whenever he was in...and for sure he was trying his hardest, but he just wasn't strong enough to hang down low with UCONN's bigs. His long range shot wasn't dropping either. He was visibly getting heated with his teammates, as they were with him. After one exchange he went to the bench and Few shook him like a rag doll. He was back in the game soon after that though. All i'm going to say is that when one part of Austin's game stops working he gets very "mental" about it. He starts not contributing from deep like he would if his inside game was working. He wasn't just giving up though. He never stopped trying. The sequence before and during his late free throws was great. The UCONN fans sitting near me didn't know he has the best free throw percentage on the team. They thought he was just a poor shooting big. I laughed at their expense before he got to the line--and he didn't disappoint! :)

After the game I caught the Chinatown bus back to New York, met a gorgeous asian girl who lives in ny but travels to my area about once a month...but missed my train when I got there. The next one didn't leave until 3 am...so I sat in a coffee shop in Grand Central for three and a half hours. By the time I got on the train I hadn't slept for 44 hours and fell asleep before the train was out of the station. Got home and slept until about 4pm.

As I told a few people in Boston though, I feel like it was a better day than if i had just sat in front of the tv and watched basketball! First trip to Boston will be one I remember.

RenoZag
12-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Kerouac's spirit is on Line 1; he wants to hit the road with Rubb . . .

ZagNative
12-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Hunter S. Thompson holding on #2.

Thanks, Rub. That was great.

Rubbadub
12-02-2007, 09:30 PM
If you want to help me pay for a trip to the Memphis game, I'll make another one! Even longer!

Zag79
12-02-2007, 10:36 PM
What does a guy gotta do to get some love Pargo all the way! Downs rebounds, Bouldin huge shots, Sacre playing better than any of UConns big men, Pendo's sweat, and Dayes free throws MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IF JEREMY DOES NOT MANAGE THAT GAME THE WAY HE DID. 37 minutes, 0 TURNOVERS against an athletic UConn team. Huge step back jump shot from the free throw line, money 3 pointers... he took over at the 4 minutes mark.
EXACTLY. pargo not gaining most the votes shows explains why when he doesnt play well he gets bagged on so hard compared to other players. even when he is the best player in the game he cant get the love. am i missing something?
23 pts, 5 assists, 4 rebounds and NO TOS. ??? That was a perfect game aside from his fts. BUT no one hit their fts. (aside from daye) some of you guys continue to amaze me. :confused: i think man crushes power posts...

Rubbadub
12-02-2007, 10:41 PM
EXACTLY. pargo not gaining most the votes shows explains why when he doesnt play well he gets bagged on so hard compared to other players. even when he is the best player in the game he cant get the love. am i missing something?
23 pts, 5 assists, 4 rebounds and NO TOS. ??? That was a perfect game aside from his fts. BUT no one hit their fts. (aside from daye) some of you guys continue to amaze me. :confused: i think man crushes power posts...

I agree.

zaguarxj
12-03-2007, 09:10 AM

+1 for Pargo love. Don't forget the clock management at the end of the 1st half, where he got Pendo a good look for the 3. I also thought Bouldin played one of his best games as a Zag, and was duly impressed with Sacre banging inside with that big tough UConn front line.

sonuvazag
12-03-2007, 09:32 AM
:confused: i think man crushes power posts...
Good to see you finally admit it. ;)

Since you singled out my comment about free throws, I will add that I was pretty torn between Matt and Jeremy. Pargo played outstanding and I was thrilled to see him hit some threes... but that foul on the three at the end... yikes! I was leaning to Matt, and if Pargo had iced the game with his free throws, I'm sure I would have been persuaded to vote for him. When Matty missed the front-end, I was like "No GUnit for you." And then Pargo missed his and I was like: "Does anyone want my GUnit vote?." Haha. No big deal.

Matt, Sacre, Pargo, Pendo, and Downs all played like GUnits... and I don't see the need to call out others for voting different from your man crush.:D

UberZagFan
12-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Uber's vote is for MD.

WooHoo you may now proceed to tally the votes.

gozagswoohoo
12-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Uber's vote is for MD.

WooHoo you may now proceed to tally the votes.

I actually tallied em already Uber... :-(

Bouldin won by about 3, the tally thread should be on page 2?

BTW, have you seen "Awake"? Its in theatres, Jessica Alba is SMOOOOKIIINNN!