PDA

View Full Version : Rick Pitino just compared Miami of Ohio to...

83topper
11-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Gonzaga, I live in louisvillebut,Iam a Wku fan It seems every team they play are outstanding,to day he said Miami of O "plays ball control and are out of the mold of gonzaga" ,they have lost 2 out of the last 3 games!!they are terrible!! WE beat Louisville the last time we played,then they backed out of a home game they owed us.I am just sick of hearing this crap!! just thought I would let you in on this one.congrats on nailbiter against St Joes.

MedZag
11-30-2007, 02:29 PM
But, but, they have a football team!

83topper
11-30-2007, 02:34 PM
WE now have a fbs football program,we went 7 and 5 this year,they probably will not play us in football either.

GPGUgrad
11-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey 83topper,

Nice to see you again, I see you guys are doing great 5-1 and are top of your conference.

You guys play Tennessee 12/15
and we play them on 12/29

Make sure you guys beat their butts and wear them down for us. :)

83topper
11-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Hey 83topper,

Nice to see you again, I see you guys are doing great 5-1 and are top of your conference.

You guys play Tennessee 12/15
and we play them on 12/29

Make sure you guys beat their butts and wear them down for us. :)

It is going to be tough, they really look good this year,the game is in nashville about 60 milles from Bowling Green, we should have a decent crowd down there,that might help.

drnoe
11-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Topper, about the only thing Miami and GU have in common are classy coaches. USC blew them out too. Good luck against Tennessee. This is arguably the best Hilltopper team since the days of Jim McDaniels and Jim Rose.

83topper
11-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Topper, about the only thing Miami and GU have in common are classy coaches. USC blew them out too. Good luck against Tennessee. This is arguably the best Hilltopper team since the days of Jim McDaniels and Jim Rose.

we think so,how do you know about Jim Mcdaniels?that was the last time we went to final four,we were on probation after that because JM played while he had already signed with an agent.we really never have gotten back to that level since,all through the sixties and early seventies we were a top ten or twenty staple.he was a great player the big reason we were that good.anyway just a little topper history.I am glad you knew of us that far west.

CDC84
11-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Gonzaga, I live in louisvillebut,Iam a Wku fan It seems every team they play are outstanding,to day he said Miami of O "plays ball control and are out of the mold of gonzaga" ,

Has Pitino even seen Gonzaga play basketball in recent years?? The Zags are about as non-ball control as it gets. They push the ball every chance they get and year after year feature one of the highest scoring offenses in the nation.

BobZag
11-30-2007, 05:40 PM
I saw Miami of Ohio last spring in the Spokane Arena. Trust me, they are no Gonzaga, not by a longshot. Winthrop was/is much better.

Topper, I'm curious. Since WKU is in Bowling Green, is Bowling Green University your biggest (most hated) rival?

Butler Guy
11-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Gonzaga of today is actually more like Louisville than the Gonzaga teams he is thinking of...

rennis
11-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Gonzaga of today is actually more like Louisville than the Gonzaga teams he is thinking of...

I think the Miami Ohio and Gonzaga similarities stop at Frahm/Sczerbiak

Pitino is a dumbass.

:p

Birddog
11-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Topper, wasn't there a year when Kentucky, W Kentucky and Louisville made up three of the final four? I seem to remember that. Perhaps it was just the possibility of that happening. Back in the 70's I think.

Birddog

83topper
11-30-2007, 06:06 PM
I saw Miami of Ohio last spring in the Spokane Arena. Trust me, they are no Gonzaga, not by a longshot. Winthrop was/is much better.

Topper, I'm curious. Since WKU is in Bowling Green, is Bowling Green University your biggest (most hated) rival?

Do you mean Bgsu? they are in ohio,we are in kentucky,Louisville and kentucky is who we have to fight for recognition.I for one likes them not!!ps we played Bgsu in football this year and they killed us,so we do hate them.All teams that play Louisville are "gooood"according to Pitino.

83topper
11-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Topper, wasn't there a year when Kentucky, W Kentucky and Louisville made up three of the final four? I seem to remember that. Perhaps it was just the possibility of that happening. Back in the 70's I think.

Birddog

Not that I recall,we beat Kentucky to go to final 4 in 71,and I think they beat us to go to championship game in 1966 against texas western ,although that may have been a quarter finalgame.

zaguarxj
11-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Go Redsk... I mean Redhawks!!!

GU69
11-30-2007, 07:17 PM
how do you know about Jim Mcdaniels?

He played for the Sonics, so there is a relatively local connection.

83topper
11-30-2007, 07:26 PM
He played for the Sonics, so there is a relatively local connection.

I knew that, just didn't make connection:o

bigjeep
12-01-2007, 10:23 AM
The great 66 Toppers didn`t play Ky but should have... As a matter of fact "The Baron" as blue bloods affectionantly called him, did everything in his power to keep from playing Western. Many think he had a hand in this defeat between WKU and Michigan in the qt finals in the form of ref Steve Honzo; the ref that called a foul on a jump ball...(have any of you ever heard of a foul on a jump ball?) rupp wanted no part of Western that or any other yr... Anyway my good Zag fans, please read this at your leisure...Western Honzoed (http://www.hilltopperhaven.com/legends/66tops.html)

Oh, and Pitino is an idiot...

Have a great one...