PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga: A special place with special people.

former1dog
11-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Examples please.

former1dog
11-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Opening Salvo -

Ronny Turiaf. Staying for his senior season. Being a true student/athlete. Overcoming tremendous odds to become a professional athlete.

A special person at a special place, Gonzaga.

TheBeast
11-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Stella - the best security person I had the pleasure of knowing without getting into trouble first. :D She would call my room in Madonna on Tuesday and Thursday mornings my sophomore year so I could be up in time for class. Of course, half the time I'd wake up and watch the Smurfs instead of going to Catholicism, but no one needs to know that. Especially my mother. During Fall Family Weekend my senior year I even got to introduce her to my mom and my aunt. It was fun.
Stella, a special person at a special place, Gonzaga.

(I don't think she's there anymore... It's very disappointing to me that the University would "let go" of someone like her.)

lothar98zag
11-28-2007, 11:40 AM
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3281/chairdz2.jpg

UberZagFan
11-28-2007, 12:29 PM
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3281/chairdz2.jpg

That post gave Uber chills...the same chills he had when he first saw it in K2.

RenoZag
11-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Frank B. Costello, SJ.

Great friend and mentor.

former1dog
11-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Dean Bud Barnes

Not only is Dr. Barnes a fantastic teacher and excellent steward of the Business School at Gonzaga, but he's a great guy also.

I happened to be an athlete in an obscure sport at GU in my days as an undergrad and Dr. Barnes always made a point of knowing how I was doing. He was one of the few professors to ever come to one of our teams competitions and that meant a lot to me.

In the years after, Dr. Barnes has always made a point of saying hello and asking how I'm doing when seeing me at GU ball games when we run into each other.

UberZagFan
11-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Frank B. Costello, SJ.

Great friend and mentor.

Uber wholeheartedly agrees. Father Costello has a been a good friend of the family for many years who baptised many of mine and 229Sinto's (Uber believes) family. Father Costello also peformed my parent's 20 anniversary (or 25?) wedding ceremony or rewedding cerermony or whatever. During Uber's upperclassman years, he only taught one course and Uber made sure he was in it.

RenoZag
11-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Father Costello did the honors for my wedding also ( in the Jesuit House chapel ) back in 1991. . .