PDA

View Full Version : Zags 19th, WSU 6th, Saint Mary's still waiting...

montanazag88
11-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Looks as if both Saint Mary's and UCONN did not make the top 25 this week. Wondering just how good this WSU team can be?

Ziggy
11-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Looks as if both Saint Mary's and UCONN did not make the top 25 this week. Wondering just how good this WSU team can be?

We shall see gr####opper!

Ziggy
11-26-2007, 08:44 PM
We shall see gr####opper!

That's a-s-s-h that is missing. Why was that censored? Hmm...

pbriz
11-26-2007, 09:03 PM

defensively=very good

offensively=balanced, good, yet have had a tendency to not step up play until the second half. Must jump all over them early and not let up and force low and harmeling into bad shooting nights. Our frontcourts are about the same. This game will be decided by guard play.

Nevtelen
11-26-2007, 10:30 PM
I think we win one and lose one this week (tough to say which will be which - I'll say lose @ St Joes and win vs UConn just 'cause) and that will mean a drop in the polls, but not a complete exit (the win will save us as there will undoubtedly be some other upset to knock someone else lower).

Wazzu is going to be tough. Right now, I don't have much confidence that this team can beat the Coogs. I might change my mind after this week, depending on how they play against tough, athletic compeition in hostile environments, but WSU is a strong cohesive group of upperclassmen that scrap and play smart slow-down ball and don't turn it over or get burned in transition. Pargo better bring that VTech mojo x 2. Honestly, I'd think the team would have a better chance against a run-n-gun Memphis squad than WSU right now.

ZagsGoZags
11-27-2007, 12:47 AM
I thought we would drop farther for being beat, solidly, by an unranked team. There are other people out there besides us who give the benefit of the doubt for the zags. GO zags.

JAGzag
11-27-2007, 02:23 AM
I feel good about the cougs, mainly b/c it's at home and there will be a lot of emotion in that game. I'm mostly worried about UCONN - they're very tough after a tough game at St Joes, I wonder how this team will respond. At the very least, we will know where we stand. I agree with a split this weekend.

Zagme-totheleft!
11-27-2007, 02:25 AM
I thought we would drop farther for being beat, solidly, by an unranked team. There are other people out there besides us who give the benefit of the doubt for the zags. GO zags.

It is a luxury being Da Zags.

SintoZag
11-27-2007, 05:53 AM
I think the lack of TV Coverage in AK helped us to stay in the top 25. I also think we got the benefit of the doubt because of who we are and the fact we where playing the Bobby Knight. That said. I am paying less attention to polls this year than I ever have in the past. This is a young team that will take a some time to come together. I think we will be ready to go deap by the end of the season.

montanazag88
11-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Agree, Sinto. I like the Zags components at this point and the experiences to date all point toward tournament payoffs...we need many more wins, but (hate to say it) good quality losses - those that help inidividuals leap frog out of their current capabilites - will show up as positives in March.