PDA

View Full Version : GU-UW T shirt

TOPDOGZAG
11-26-2007, 04:22 PM
i made these shirts and think they are a must for all GU fans that are upset about Romar ending the instate series. cadams2@gonzaga.edu is the way to get a hold of me if you are interested. i can mail them anywhere in the country for $15 a piece plus shipping. many sizes, thanks,

BoltZag
11-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Great contribution to the content of the board on your first post. Newsflash - we're over UW, Romar and Turner.

Also, this has already been posted and although this board thrives on duplicate and triplicate posting of the exact same thing, a little "search" first would've been worthwhile.

Ziggy
11-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Great contribution to the content of the board on your first post. Newsflash - we're over UW, Romar and Turner.

Also, this has already been posted and although this board thrives on duplicate and triplicate posting of the exact same thing, a little "search" first would've been worthwhile.

Go easy on him BltZg, first time posters are not expected to be born with board moxie. Give him/her the first five free, OK? And not everyone is over it as evidenced by the billboards. Me? I'm over it too. But some still hold umbrage.

tenniszag
11-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah BoltZag calm down. I think the shirts are awesome and know several people who are not over the rivalry, including myself. Hell more students than not still hold a grudge. And what's wrong with not being over it? It's all in fun.....I hate UW, always will, and will love to support the fact that they dropped us because we kept beating their a**.

Welcome to the board TOPDOGZAG!!!!!!!!

TOPDOGZAG
11-26-2007, 08:08 PM
bolt zag, was just trying to get the shirts out their to the people on the boards. i did not know there had been any other posts on it. i made them and thought they were a good idea, if you do not like them, keep it to yourself and please do not make me look like an idiot again in front of everyone. that would be nice. thanks

kclubfounder
11-26-2007, 08:14 PM
I don't understand why any real Zag would be "over it". We have nothing to be "over". We only have something to give an in-state rival unending crap about. It is a dream having them #### out like that. The only thing that should get anyone "over" it is to have the puppies strap some balls on and start playing us again. Even then, as Zags, we have something we can - and should - hold over them for ever and ever.

Zag 77
11-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Lets quit obsessing over the rivalry and how to renew it. The more the Zag fans do stuff like t-shirts and billboards, the more we piss off the UW powers that be. Think like a diplomat. Do you think you are going to get anywhere with them by expecting them to publicly lose face in the face of this kind of pressure?

I suspect a lot more can be done behind closed doors privately, so just lighten up and let AD Roth do his thing. GU pays him big bucks to get the job done, so let him show he is worth his salary.

229SintoZag
11-26-2007, 10:28 PM
newsflash:

We don't need to play UW. Them ducking out helps us this year--a year when UW will be in the bottom third of the Pac 10. For crying out loud, Long Beach State gave them a game tonight.

WSU has taken the place formerly occupied by UW: in-state Pac 10 rival that actually benefits us in terms of schedule strength.

Let UW continue to achieve mediocrity and fade into their normal basketball irrelevance. Then let them come to us and ask to renew the series.

When that happens, I am not convinced, given their snub, we let them play us again. There is nothing in it for us until and unless they improve to the point where they can compete with us (something that they have not done, even with Nate Robinson), or, failing that, until they reach the point again where they are decent enough to help our schedule strength and perhaps draw television interest.

UW is not in our league. People who claim to be GU fans who make shirts or put up billboards about UW's bailing on the series have misapprehended the balance of power here. We play on ESPN, they do not. We draw Gameday, they do not. We played Duke and Carolina last year. We play UConn, Memphis, and Tennesee this year. We have gone to the post season for 10 of the past 11 years. Four sweet 16s, an elite 8, four guys who went on to play in the league, one lottery pick. 9 straight NCAA tournaments. A winning percentage second only to Duke's in all of the 330+ Division I teams over the past decade.

To UW's credit, they had a great run for a few years. Nate, Conroy, and Roy went to the league. Roy is phenomenal, and we should all tip our caps to UW and to Roy for what Roy and Nate were able to do. Romar was lucky to luck into that kind of talent. The fact that Romar has never done as well before or since tells us something. Another season or two mssing the NIT with the talent that Romar has recruited, and the UW faithful will be calling for Romar's head just like they are not calling for Willingham's. Perhaps I am wrong and if so I will gladly eat my words, but I am not convinced Romar is anything but a mediocre basketball coach at the Division I level.

Tony Bennet, on the other hand, is a different story. I expect the Cougs to be competing for the Pac 10 title as long as he is there (which may not be long, but who knows).

But the point is, we are better than all of this. Enough with the billboards and T shirts. It is beneath the dignity and esteem that is Gonzaga basketball.

tenniszag
11-26-2007, 11:24 PM
It is beneath the dignity and esteem that is Gonzaga basketball?

Are you kidding me?

We are college kids, it is/was a rivalry that we loved. And now its gone, don't expect us just to let it go. And, its just a little fun a guy is having making some shirts and trying to make some cash. RELAX :)

229SintoZag
11-27-2007, 09:02 AM
It is beneath the dignity and esteem that is Gonzaga basketball?

Are you kidding me?

No.

With all due respect, you are the one who is missing the point here.

We have far surpassed UW in basketball. In many ways. They are not in our league.

Doing things like this gives them unwarranted status that they neither earned nor deserved.

And it makes us look like little brother, throwing a tantrum because big brother won't let us play with him.

Gonzaga is not little brother to UW in men's hoops.

How you cannot see that is beyond me.

Let me put it this way: if UW had, hypothetically, a longstanding OOC tradition of playing Duke, or Carolina, or Kansas, or Kentucky, and UW lost 8 of 9 then canceled--would the students at any of those universities make t shirts like this? Would the alums of those universities purchase billboard space to implore UW back into the series?

Of course not. It is laughable to even think that those students would care if UW canceled. And neither should we.

Replace UW with a team with the nuts to actually schedule a tough OOC team (like WSU) and move on.

tenniszag
11-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Haha alright. Whatever you say 229.

Bottom Line: GO ZAGS!!!!!!

UberZagFan
11-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Uber is over the fact that the chickens cancelled the series. There. He said it.

p.s. 229, the comparison of UW cancelling a series with Duke, UNC, UK, KU is misplaced. A better, albeit not exact, comparison would be UK cancelling the series with Louisville following 8 losses in 9 years. That comparison would be even better if Louisville never joined the BigE.

TOPDOGZAG
11-27-2007, 01:16 PM
uber,
thanks for your blessing
:lmao:

gozagswoohoo
11-27-2007, 01:33 PM
TOPDOGZAG, welcome to the board!!!

I am woohoo, aka WooseamstressHoo.

I'm pretty much the coolest guy on the board when it comes to fashion and clothing. I once designed a pair of blue jeans that had a hole in the crotch. You may have seen them featured on SNL, I called them "Balls Out Jeans". They are pretty comfortable, unless you sit on something made from wood. I got a pretty nasty splinter doing that once...but anyways. I design clothes all the time, but have not always been as successful at it as I am now. For instance, last December I tried to release a line of clothing where I made underwear out of aluminum foil. It looked REALLY cool, but it was a mess for a poster on this board named "former1dog". Don't tell anyone, but he has a problem with wetting his pants. If you have ever dealt with aluminum foil, you may notice that it isn't very absorbent. This caused a problem for former1 when he went pee-pee. Also, I made a pair of zags replica basketball shorts out of styrophome and lighter fluid once. I sold them to a poster on this board named 229SintoZag. He sent me his hospital bill because he was wearing the shorts and farted, the friction between his legs caused a spark which ignited the lighter fluid, setting the shorts ablaze. Luckily, the styrophome quickly melted, and the flame disappeared, but the melted material gave him a pretty nasty injury to his hoo-hoo dilly area. (Sinto, I'm still sorry about that one). Anyways, I don't have time to tell you the story about Rubaddub and the bra he requested for his blowup doll (the doll is only meant to scare off intruders).

Anyways, welcome aboard.

a13coach
11-27-2007, 01:45 PM
:lmao::clap:

WooHoo remind me of this post the next time I order clothing from you. :D

SteeleMan
11-27-2007, 02:56 PM

So is that billboard on Mission and Hamilton still up?

Zagme-totheleft!
11-27-2007, 04:49 PM
i think the shirts were a great idea. creative as well