PDA

View Full Version : WCC Tournament San Diego - Planning Ahead

75Zag
11-26-2007, 07:29 AM
I know it is early, but -

I need to make hotel reservations for the tournament. I don't know San Diego at all, and I have never been to Jenny Craig arena. I would like to find a place that is well located and is Zag friendly and - hopefully - not a total budget killer.

I am new to this board, and I assume the moderator will delete this post if it is considered inappropriate.

Suggestions appreciated. Go Bulldogs.

drnoe
11-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Your best bet would probably be the "hotel circle" area, which is adjacent to the Slim Gym. Hotel Circle is located along the 8 FWY and close to I-5. You can find accommodations ranging from cheap to expensive. Nearby access to the trolley will provide cheap transportation to several areas of San Diego, including Old Town and downtown. If you like Mexican food, you must have lunch or dinner at El Indio...absolutely the best chicken burritos I've ever had. El Indio is located near Washington Bl. and I-5, and is about a block away from the trolley...yes, they serve beer!

HRZag2
11-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Here is a link from USD's website:

http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/travel/hotel/usd-travel-hotel.html

I think that Hilton is where we stayed a few years ago for the tournement. At the time, it had a weird Hawaiian decor and could have used a bit updating, but it sounds like it got a major remodel.

Does your screen name imply you are class of 75? PM me, I was in that class, maybe we know each other.

Go Zags.

zagster318
11-26-2007, 08:12 AM
Your best bet would probably be the "hotel circle" area, which is adjacent to the Slim Gym. Hotel Circle is located along the 8 FWY and close to I-5. You can find accommodations ranging from cheap to expensive. Nearby access to the trolley will provide cheap transportation to several areas of San Diego, including Old Town and downtown. If you like Mexican food, you must have lunch or dinner at El Indio...absolutely the best chicken burritos I've ever had. El Indio is located near Washington Bl. and I-5, and is about a block away from the trolley...yes, they serve beer!

Completely agree. I stayed at the hotel circle, and the Fashion Valley trolley was about three blocks away. Easy, cheap, and the trolley can drop you off at the Gaslamp Quarter...beautiful city.

zagfan07
11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm planning on going to the tournament as well, but I'm not sure how to get tickets. Anyone know of a good way to go about this, besides calling each of the WCC school ticketing offices and begging them to give me tickets?

zagzealot
11-28-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm putting out the shameless plea for tickets. My family needs 6 tickets. They don't have to be together. We were told by GU that it's by invitation only to the big whigs that you will be allowed to purchase WCC tickets. I'm a season ticket holder and will not get an opportunity to purchase - apparently my whig ain't big enough. We've bought our plane tickets to SD already, going with the idea that it's going to be a great vacation even if we don't see a single minute of basketball. We love SD.

ZagZealot is turning 40 on that Saturday of the Tournament. It would make a nice birthday gift. :D (not that I'm asking someone to give us tickets, mind you...just point us in the direction of telling us where we can get some.)

lothar98zag
11-28-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm planning on going to the tournament as well, but I'm not sure how to get tickets. Anyone know of a good way to go about this, besides calling each of the WCC school ticketing offices and begging them to give me tickets?
Calling other schools and looking for WCC tourney tickets works. You don't even need to beg.

zagfan07
12-13-2007, 08:12 AM
I called UP and got 4 tickets for the WCC Tourney!!! I of course told them I was a huge Pilot fan. :D Anyone else going to be attending? Can't wait for the trip!!!

jhoop
12-13-2007, 08:40 AM
I called UP two days ago and got two tickets. After I bought mine they only had 2 tickets left out of 26 extra tickets originally sent so they must have received another allocation from USD.