PDA

View Full Version : USC - So Illinois -Anaheim Classic Attendance?

Unbiased
11-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Pretty decent matchup in the Anaheim Classic - on right now. (ESPN 2) Can't bad mouth Washington State's tourney in Spokane Arena as far as fans are concerned. There can't be more than 2K in attendance at this game in Anaheim.

BroncoZAG615
11-25-2007, 08:02 PM
I've been trying to figure it out this whole week. With teams like USD and USC in the tournament you would think their would be a bigger draw but it has been terrible. I originally thought that the low attendance was just because of thanksgiving time but after seeing the Alaska turnout I just do not get it. It really shows in that arena too. The attendance at the tournament in Orlando was similarily terrible as well. I was pleasently surprised with the Alaska turnout though, that always seems to have a good showing.

sittingon50
11-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Lack of other entertainment activities may have something to do with the good turnout in Alaska, plus the one time chance to see D1 talent.

ZagNut08
11-25-2007, 10:54 PM
I have been able to catch a few minutes of each usc game in the tourney, and the attendance is pathetic considering the campus is no more than 30-45 minutes away. You would think with all the hype surrounding Mayo a few people in orance county to the south would have gone to check him out. Absolutely pathetic attendance.

CDC84
11-26-2007, 12:25 AM
If you think the attendance was bad for the SIU/USC game, you should've seen some of the other games at this tourney, like the San Diego/UCI game this afternoon. Probably less than 400. Part of the problem is the fact that the tourney was played at the God awful Anaheim Convention Center, which rarely hosts sporting events and might not even have concessions these days.

drnoe
11-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Anaheim always hosts the Big West tourney, and the attendance usually sucks. I've never seen a packed house for the finals. Yes, it is a crappy venue.

HillBillyZag
11-26-2007, 11:40 AM
I hate to admit it, but the Salukis were out-sized, out-muscled, and out-hustled by USC. It was one of the poorest games I have ever seen an SIU team play,but a lot of the credit goes to USC, they were outstanding. 70-45, what a butt kicking.

Rubbadub
11-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Fun fact...The 70 points USC scored against SIU is tied for second most over the last two seasons they've allowed. Last year on December 9th, Western Kentucky put up 70 on 'em.

former1dog
11-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but in the limited time that I watched USC play (I watched portions of the USC v. USD and USC v. SIU games) it really seemed like OJ Mayo was a team player. Did I get the right impression?

CDC84
11-26-2007, 01:26 PM
I didn't watch much of the SIU/USC game, but Mayo and Gibson started that game on the bench. And no, it wasn't because Floyd wanted to give some other guys a chance to start....Floyd just had the SID say that to the ESPN announcers. It was clearly a disciplinary thing. If Mayo played like a team player, he had a real reason for doing so.....to get back on Floyd's good side.