PDA

View Full Version : Center Prospect

spudzag
11-25-2007, 04:40 PM
BZ or others in the know, Hoopmasters is now listing Josh Smith, Kentwood, Kent, WA as a center prospect. Any details availble, or will it me April/May before information starts to drift in?

Birddog
11-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Any details availble, or will it me April/May before information starts to drift in?

Gawd I hope so (April/May before information starts to drift in?), we're playing games now.

Birddog

BobZag
11-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Gawd I hope so (April/May before information starts to drift in?), we're playing games now.

Birddog

lol, true. Josh Smith's mom has been tight with Romar for many years. We'll see. The kid's gonna be real good.

CDC84
11-25-2007, 05:52 PM
He's a big national prospect from the 2010 class. I know the staff has been evaluating him for at least a year. I have no idea where GU stands with him. It'll probably be awhile until he makes a decision.

It's to my understanding that 2010 class is not exactly dripping with west coast talent.

eastsideballer
11-25-2007, 08:14 PM
I have been following Josh since the seventh grade. My son has had the misfortune of having to match up with him several times through AAU ball, and yes he was 6'7" then.
I really like Josh, what many dont know about him is that he is very intelligent. He gets great grades and takes his studies very seriously. I think in that respect he would be a good fit for a school such as Gonzaga. But in the end he is a west side player and I think UW would get the nod in the recruiting battle. Either way he will be a very good college player if he trims down a bit or rather muscles up and loses some "baby" fat. You just cant teach size which he has, and may not be done growing yet.