PDA

View Full Version : So what is the story on Theo?

ZagsGoZags
11-23-2007, 02:59 PM
I posted a question on Theo earlier, wondering what the fuss is all about, and saw an avalanche of posts proclaiming his talents. I still say he is somewhat light (under 200 lbs) to be a quality center, and that if he is a great talent Few would have him out there more often. I would like to see him get more minutes to get into a playing rythymn, and show his ability. It looks like that didn't happen even with Daye and Kuso fouled out. I would like to see him get some PT.

CDC84
11-23-2007, 03:13 PM
With Sacre rapidly improving with each passing game, it's getting more and more difficult to give Theo the minutes he needs. I wish they could get some PT for him too, but we're starting to get to the part of sked where it's kind of hard to break him into the rotation.

jazzdelmar
11-23-2007, 03:13 PM
so much hype, so few minutes

CDC84
11-23-2007, 03:20 PM
As for Ira = pickup games are a different thing from real organized basketball games involving sophisticated offenses. He's also stuck behind 4 guys who can play his position.

GoZags
11-23-2007, 03:25 PM
I posted a question on Theo earlier, wondering what the fuss is all about, and saw an avalanche of posts proclaiming his talents. I still say he is somewhat light (under 200 lbs) to be a quality center, and that if he is a great talent Few would have him out there more often. I would like to see him get more minutes to get into a playing rythymn, and show his ability. It looks like that didn't happen even with Daye and Kuso fouled out. I would like to see him get some PT.

Where in the world do you get the idea that Theo Davis is a center?

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/gonz/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/0708-mg-4.pdf

TexasZagFan
11-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Where in the world do you get the idea that Theo Davis is a center?

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/gonz/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/0708-mg-4.pdf

GZ, perhaps you can shed a bit of light on a topic that isn't brought up much: the transition from HS/Juco ball to NCAA Div. 1 (based on your experience going from HS hockey to college). So far, it appears that Theo and Ira have not caught on yet, or they'd be seeing more minutes. Austin got his first real taste of it last night, and he looked like a freshman most of the time.

Sacre, OTOH, appears to be getting more comfortable with each game. However, he's yet to play against an older, more experienced big man.

ZagsGoZags
11-23-2007, 05:31 PM
You are right, now that I look up the old posts.
Most posts that were eager to see Theo show his talents, and he was apparently a heck of player when we got him, referred to him mostly as a 4, and only some of the time as a 5

ZagsGoZags
11-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah, Ira Brown, no kidding.
When we had to do without Pargo for long parts of the first half, we really needed a tough ball handler who could bring the ball up court.
Obviously, like Theo, Coach Few must view Ira's skills as not quite polished enough to bring into those situations.
Last year when we desperately needed a big man to replace Josh, I kept wondering about Will Foster and Dave Burgess, and I had to conclude the same thing.

Anybody remember if Theo was off the injured list any time Dec 2006, capable of playing but not called upon. Or did he get red-shirted in Dec, while injured? When did he get red-shirted? Anybody remember?