PDA

View Full Version : Few vs. Knight

zagzilla
11-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Few continues to develop into a great in game coach. He has always had an eye for talent and been a teacher of the game developing younger players. The famous Zag freshman to sophomore leap after 1-2 years in the system speaks to this.

However, he has been criticized in the past for getting out-coached against some of the elite coaches and programs. The voices were probably loudest when the Zags had Texas Tech by the throat in the 2nd round of the NCAA's at the end of the first half. Coming out for the second 20 minutes, TT made some adjustments and took us out of our game (and we missed a lot of FT's). Afterwards there was a lot of noise about Knight out-coaching Few.

However last night it was Few who out coached WKU going to the zone defense in the second half to break up the momentum and change the game. We slowed them down, drew some fouls and then put the 'Tops away late.

Tonight is his chance to get some payback vs TT and Knight. I'm sure he's looking forward to it.

maineblackbear
11-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Few has always been an offensive guru.
Mark has always been pretty good at offensive adjustments- but even the TT game a couple years ago shows that when TT made adjustments at half, the Zags did not (defensively)... His weakness and the weakness of his system has always been getting players to buy into the defense-- the poster child for that weakness is Adam of course.
This year, Ray G seems to have added that dimension to Few's game and hopefully Mark retains that info after Ray goes off to head coach-dom in about five months.

mbb

zagzilla
11-23-2007, 02:05 PM
MBB-

First of all congratulations on your new born daughter!

I think that it is more than defensive buy in from the players. It is that now he is coaching in more dimensions and being decisive when adjustments need to be made.

This is why he is showing up in the lists of best college coaches

Reborn
11-23-2007, 04:14 PM
GU vs Texas Tech to advance to the round of 16...3 yrs ago I think? What a nightmere that game was as Turiof missed two free throws at the end of the game....That was one more very, very sad moment in GU fokelore!!!:(

But it is now 2007 and two new teams. I think the teams will match up pretty well. They have some experience and some good young talent. We do too. GU will have the crowd, and Mark Few is a native of the Pacific Northwest. Knight is in our territory (sort of).

Of all the coaches that I'd love to see the Zags beat, Bobby Knight heads the list. The fact that he coached Tech in that game made my pain much, much deeper. Do I want revenge for that loss? You darn right I do. And I hope we beat them by more than 12. I hope we have our best game to date, and that the gang is flying high. In fact the more I think about it I hope we beat them by more than 15. :D

Knight is getting smaller, imo. He's not as feared as he once was. Now that I think about it I hope we win by 20......:lmao:

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE TO SEE SOME GREAT DUNKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! ROARING FANS, AND SOME GREAT POSTS AFTER THE GAME (for me probably tomorrow). Mark Few is a great coach. He will show us that tonight.