PDA

View Full Version : Sacre

Section 116
11-23-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm just thinking out loud here, but I'm leaning more and more toward making lemonade out of lemons regarding Heytvelt's injury. Rob Sacre continues to impress me with his game to game improvment. He is now averaging close to 14 minutes per game and I just don't think he would be getting those minutes with a healthy Heytvelt. Sacre's early season development can only pay off in spades down the line.

TheZagPhish
11-23-2007, 09:32 AM
...Sacre's early season development can only pay off in spades down the line.

Agree, 116. I can only hope that tonight is the "down the line" you mention.

roxdoc
11-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Wonderful to see Sacre making good progress. Sacre subs for Kuso not Josh. When Josh is back, Pendo, Davis, and possibly Daye get pinched. Since Josh does not play under the basket on offense, you need a big, Kuso or Robert for the O boards.

RenoZag
11-23-2007, 10:00 AM
I would like to see Sacre start in front of Kuso.

jazzdelmar
11-23-2007, 10:06 AM
agree...kuso will alwys be a project....sacre seems more out of the box ready

spudzag
11-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Sacre and Kuso pretty much split the time last night. That's not likely to change give Kuso's propensity for foul trouble. Robert already seems more comfortable and capable out there. I expect to see his playing time increase as he develops offense and avoids fouls.

I don't have a problem with starting seniors as we need them both at this point.

chirguy
11-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Kuso fouled out in similar minutes while Robert had only 1 foul. Impressive for a center.

heavyzag
11-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Last night was our first chance to see the team in person this season, we were sitting right behind the bench. Sacre was probably the most vocal player on the team. Robert was quite impressive with how vocal he is for being a frosh. He stays into the game and is very animated in keeping the rest of the team pumped up. A little like Turiaf in that respect.

Bocco
11-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Sacre gave the Zags great minutes last night when Kuso got in foul trouble, and the when he eventually fouled out. He seems to be improving with each game.

theothegreat21
11-23-2007, 11:07 AM
I agree that Sacre was very efficient and strong last night, but I think it makes very little sense for him to start over Kuso. The team plays stronger defense with Kuso in the middle because he is a strong shot blocker who can have a huge impact in the middle. I think Sacre is a better rebounder then Kuso, but does not have the same effect in the paint at this point in his carrer.

Sacre is a freshman who will do great things for this program, but we need to understand that he will still go through the typical ups and downs that most freshman not named Beasley and Love will go through.

jim77
11-23-2007, 11:44 AM
I think that big shot late last night will do wonders for the kid. I also liked the way he challenged a few guys going to the hoop. I think Kuso should start as he is a better shot blocker(so far)....we need both fellas fouls. GO ROB!

ZagsGoZags
11-23-2007, 11:50 AM
It is just impossible to find a kid his age, with his coodination and physical skills, with such a GREAT ATTITUDE !!

I agree with all of you, nothing but upside for this fine young man. Hehe is destined to be another zag legend, and noteworthy NBA player some day. When I rub the crystal ball just right, I can see it clearly.

gamagin
11-23-2007, 12:41 PM
but I also love Kuso. I posit the best that can happen for both is happening. Kuso, like a body puncher, enters and softens the middle, maybe even taking a few chunks of flesh from the other guys for awhile like the Civil War field surgeon he is.

Sacre watches and follows with finesse, height and all that he brings.

Turn that around against WKU and Sacre may have adjusted, the way Austin Daye did eventually. But it would have been after scrumming with WKU's bruisers and maybe even getting a little tired out, intimidated or worn down.

but leave Kuso in to do a good portion of the early bruising, scratching and clawing and Sacre is able better to do what he does best because when he gets there, the space has been cleared out and the pocket decidedly widened under the basket.

former1dog
11-23-2007, 01:13 PM
I'll echo the popular sentiment that both Kuso and Sacre are each important to the team and we'll continue to use both players services for the forseeable future.

I would definitely like to see Kuso improve in the fouling department. He's had foul trouble every single game this season. :(

ZagsGoZags
11-23-2007, 01:49 PM
yes, that foul late in the 2nd half was heedless
he had just been put in the game, it was close,
he had to guard one of their guards who was out by the top of the key,
he ran over to him and bashed him with his body, making an obvious foul the whole world could easily see
On the whole, don't get me wrong, I treasure his skills and effort, but that play was reckless
he has calmed down a lot, he used to let his passion run away with him like that a lot more
sometimes he is like a speedboat going fast, without a rudder

jigga5
11-23-2007, 02:48 PM
sacre is one of my good friends, and big rob will be in the NBA at some point, count on it

ZagsGoZags
11-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Is he the wholesome, hard working guy he seems to be? I mean, he seems like a clear headed, kid without ego problems. So many young prospects with his talents have an ego and swagger that gives them head problems. I would even put Josh H. in that category. Pargo and Micah had some but they are such great team players now.

Is that your observation of him? I can't imagine a coach expecting any better attitude of a player than Rob Sacre, even in their dreams. I know he's your friend, so I just wanted to know if these impressions seem accurate to you.