PDA

View Full Version : Places to watch ESPN 360?

ZagManFan
11-23-2007, 09:07 AM
So, any places carry ESPN 360? Went to Hooters last night and there was close to 50-60 people there for the game.

I just called Hooters and they do not carry ESPN 360 so they are out. If I did not have to get my shopping in before noon I would make more calls.

So, hopefully there are some places that carry it, but it's not looking good.

ZagManFan
11-23-2007, 09:14 AM
OK, it is not looking good. I have used about every zip code including ID and the 360 network is not carried by our internet providers.

I really hate watching the games on gamecast.

MBZags
11-23-2007, 09:28 AM
I doubt anyone really does since it's an online channel.

ZagsGoZags
11-23-2007, 11:07 AM
I'll admit I am not a person who keeps up very well with internet broadcasting, but why couldn't a sports bar subscribe to ESPN360 on the internet, then show it on their screens? It seems like it would be worth it to them.

Is it not technically feasible?
Is it not financially feasible?
Is it not legal for them to do that?

GPGUgrad
11-23-2007, 01:05 PM
I'll admit I am not a person who keeps up very well with internet broadcasting, but why couldn't a sports bar subscribe to ESPN360 on the internet, then show it on their screens? It seems like it would be worth it to them.

Is it not technically feasible?
Is it not financially feasible?
Is it not legal for them to do that?

I don't think is a matter of cost. It is more who your ISP provider is. You must have either Verizon or AT&T. I believe in Spokane it is Qwest.

Also, ESPN360, the quality of the pictures is not the same as Cable, satellite or local tv.
IF you were going to connect from your computer to a larger monitor so 50 - 100 can watch. The picture is not going to be the best.

I can see why the bars would not be able to accommodate.