PDA

View Full Version : Injuries are an excuse

zagzilla
11-23-2007, 08:32 AM
A number of folks have mentioned that were Heytvelt and Gray around we would have looked better. Remember this board was fretting all summer about how Few would keep all of the players happy with the limited number of available minutes of PT.

I agree that Heytvelt can make a difference but he has really only been a stud in a handful of games and we have been talking about his "potential" for almost 3 years now. He has had a total of 5 games with 20+ pts in his entire career. He has been very streaky and injury prone. Believe me I want to see him suited up as bad as anybody but I don't think he is the answer to our problems.

As for Steven Gray, he hasn't even played ina regular season game yet and everybody imagines how he would defend near NBA caliber guards.

Wishful thinking folks.

3 point shooting and FT's as others have pointed out is the real concern. Just not sure that SG and JH are the answer.

Look deeper, Mr. Few

KSTATEZAG
11-23-2007, 08:44 AM
A number of folks have mentioned that were Heytvelt and Gray around we would have looked better. Remember this board was fretting all summer about how Few would keep all of the players happy with the limited number of available minutes of PT.

I agree that Heytvelt can make a difference but he has really only been a stud in a handful of games and we have been talking about his "potential" for almost 3 years now. He has had a total of 5 games with 20+ pts in his entire career. He has been very streaky and injury prone. Believe me I want to see him suited up as bad as anybody but I don't think he is the answer to our problems.

As for Steven Gray, he hasn't even played ina regular season game yet and everybody imagines how he would defend near NBA caliber guards.

Wishful thinking folks.

3 point shooting and FT's as others have pointed out is the real concern. Just not sure that SG and JH are the answer.

Look deeper, Mr. Few

JH is definitely part of the bigger picture. Just him being in the game provides us with a different look. I don't think anybody thinks we're better without him.

zagzilla
11-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Not saying we are better without Josh obviously. Just that the board seems to hold out the return of Gray and JH as some sort of panacea that will magically fix all that ails the zags.

We need a credible 3 pt threat above all. Gray may or may not be that threat. Just curious that the zag community has anointed him as the answer and we haven't even seen him hoist a singe shot up.

spudzag
11-23-2007, 10:25 AM
No doubt that both players will contribute, but it's about the team for me. If they recover, get in shape, earn their minutes in practice and contribute to better team great.