PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech Team Coverage

chirguy
11-23-2007, 06:18 AM
Is the Texas Tech game being televised?

Thank you.

HRZag
11-23-2007, 06:41 AM
I have Directv with the sports package and NO ESPN 360. Sheesh.

Rubbadub
11-23-2007, 06:45 AM
As of right now, no tv.

thickman1
11-23-2007, 07:01 AM
I have Directv with the sports package and NO ESPN 360. Sheesh.

ESPN360 is a broadband (internet) medium. Your internet provider probably has to shell out bucks to ESPN for the rights to carry it. Where is the "big surprise" smiley?

SteeleMan
11-23-2007, 07:09 AM
"Your Internet service provider doesn't carry ESPN 360 so you are missing out on over 2,500 free live events."

(sigh)

looks like AT&T Yahoo (SBC) and Verizon DSL users will have access.

Comcast, not so much.

Rubbadub
11-23-2007, 07:11 AM
I think the best route for everyone to take is leaving some very negative feedback for ESPN360 here. (http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn360/feedback)

from another thread...

RenoZag
11-23-2007, 08:46 AM
TT vs Zags Preview Article

ARTICLE (http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/sports/college/basketball/mens/story/3749336p-13229437c.html)

The Red Raiders continued to flex their defensive muscle last night, as the team held Alaska to a meager 47 points. Texas Tech limited the Seawolves to 32.7 percent shooting, which included a 6-of-26 showing from the long range. The team also forced Alaska into 19 turnovers in the contest. Heading into the game, the Red Raiders were doing a tremendous job defensively, surrendering only 52.0 ppg, while holding the opposition to just 39.7 percent shooting from the field. Offensively against Alaska, the Red Raiders were paced by John Roberson, who scored 22 points. It was a surprising performance for Roberson, especially since he was averaging only 7.7 ppg in the first three games of the season. In a harsh role reversal, Martin Zeno, who came into the matchup leading the squad with 19.3 ppg, tallied just nine points in the win.

RenoZag
11-23-2007, 08:52 AM
of the Texas Tech win yesterday:

LINK (http://www.adn.com/sports/story/9474227p-9385437c.html)

Surprisingly, it wasn't senior standout Martin Zeno that got the 3-1 Red Raiders off and flying. It was a pair of true freshmen, Mike Singletary and John Roberson. They combined to score 22 of the team's first 24 points and netted 13 apiece by the half.

The 6-foot-5 Singletary played like an upperclassman, pumping in 15 points and collecting six rebounds. Early on, he delivered a three-pointer, a pretty post move and a one-handed jam. The crazy thing is that he hadn't even scored in the first two games of his career, logging a total of seven minutes.

The baby-faced Roberson, a 5-11 guard, shot the ball like a pro, sinking 6-of-7 threes and finishing with game-high totals of 22 points and five assists. He had racked up quite a bit of playing time so far this season, but in his last game scored just six points in 28 minutes.

And then there was fellow freshman D'walyn Roberts, who chipped in nine points on 4-of-7 shooting.

zagco
11-23-2007, 08:54 AM
ESPN 360 is following the Mountain West Conference's blueprint for televising games to the fans.:mad:

RenoZag
11-23-2007, 08:55 AM
BOARD LINK (http://www.doubletnation.com/story/2007/11/23/91533/837)

What Texas Tech Did Right:

Freshmen Stepped Up: Roberson, Roberts and Singletary are all getting more minutes as the season progresses. I'd love to see these guys as major contributors this season and there's no reason why they shouldn't. They are all talented kids who know how to play the game. It's just a matter of learning the offense.

Won Rebounding War, Barely: I take victories in the rebounding battle whenever I can get them and last night is no exception. We were able to out rebound the Seawolves 33 to 29, this is despite Carl Arts 16 rebounding effort.

Defense Continues to Impress: How about this, the Red Raiders held the Seawolves to 32.7% shooting from the floor. A big part of me wants to attribute this to the more athletic freshmen who are seeing more playing time and are better defenders than last year's squad.

What Texas Tech Did Wrong: Not much to gripe about when you win by 27.

Fractured Frontcourt: Of the available big men for Texas Tech here are the minutes breakdown: Cook (16), Roberts (14), Prince (10), Rizvic (7), De Bem (4). Of a total of 200 minutes, that's only 51 minutes to the true frontcourt players. We're going to need more production from these guys, especially against Gonzaga.

Zeno and Voskuil: It's okay that they were able to take off last night, but Texas Tech would and should depend on the two veterans against the Zags.

sittingon50
11-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Believe it or not, we already have 2 common opponents, Emporia St. & UCR.
They beat both by 12 (IIRC). Here's hoping that's a portent of things to come.

Tom Brennan & Doug Gotlieb both just picked the Zags.