PDA

View Full Version : Thursday ... was Thursday ...

Akzag
11-23-2007, 03:11 AM
Memphis would have kicked out asses. So too, Butler. There were way too many open shots allowed. WKU did not hit all that was open to them.

Wazzu would have made minced meat of us. Other than that, we are fine in the OCC. Looking like three losses outside the WCC, where we could easily drop two, if not three.

We have NO outside presence right now. WKU showed what physical play can do, and without Pargo, I don't think that we could break a wet-tissue press. And even Jeremy has not played well.

UAA didn't show up against Texas Tech, and the General pulled the troops back. TTU can't score worth a lick, but they can still defend.

The one positive ??? the crowd is totally pro-Zag. Don't know if we can pull this one off though ... Robertson (?) will probably be the key.

[Did I mention how dominatingly impressive Butler looked?]

JAGzag
11-23-2007, 04:17 AM
Good points. But I think we're overlooking the positives. First it was a win, and an ugly win ... but we won, we pulled it out. This shows the character of the team; they're tough and didn't quit. To me, that speaks volumes. We knew after three exhibitions we would hit a wall, of sorts, and the question was, what would happen? Also, after a game like this, the team is not "above themselves" and think they're better than they are. Honestly, this was a "perfect" win at this stage in the season.

sittingon50
11-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Well, we'll see how good their conditioning is tonight. They busted it for 40 minutes, Tech basically had a walk-through.