• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Akzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

So meanwhile ... back at the bar ...

Afterwords, I spent a couple of drinks two seats removed from four officials working the GAS. The Mods and Ads might remove this and admonish me for it in the interim, but .... Late night viewers might be entertained.

It was very interesting stuff, IMO.

I was still adorned with Zag gear, so once I undestood what was going down, I tried to "hide" it up.

Then, when I understood who they were, I tried to eavesdrop as much as I could. But seeing how I once worked in a bar, "What happens in a bar, stays in a bar" ... unless, well, I have faults. So, I'll pick and choose.

What peaked my interest, was the line, "Who do you got? Championship Game. Five Dollars." Stop. I thought that too. They were betting on who would be the officials for the game. It seems as though they do not know their assignments more than a day out.

[They talk in court speak. That is, they did 15-Red, 5-White, all night.]

Some of the possibilities seem to lay on who the two teams were that were to make that far.

Other tidbits;

1) They play, " Who made the best call of the night?" Again, while I could pick the four guys present out of a line-up, I was trying to hide and hear as much as could, so I couldn't tell you which guy said which.
    a) the offensive foul against Daye
    b) the offensive foul on Kuso

... they did not play "worst call of the night"

2) However, one ref did pull another aside, and said, "That travel call against (Pendo) was horrible ... I'll look at the film, and let you know if I still think that way tomorrow."

3) "Few was only bad after that one call. I told him to get off my "mate's" back, or else ..."

4) "My best call out of position was ..." ... " Which one of the ten are you talking about ...?"

5) They (referees) are as bad as pilots. If you've ever worked F&B, you know what I mean.

6) They think that TCU is just horrible this year ... that VaT will get crushed (I agree). Obviously, not having to do with the Shootout. They were talking about Texas Christian.

Overall, not good impressions.
    Last edited by Akzag; 11-23-2007, 02:29 AM. Reason: ;P
    So many brackets, so little time.
  • Akzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Oh yeah .. and Jazz will love this, one of the officials admitted to thinking to himself, "Where's Dickau now? Wouldn't they love it if he was still with them.'
    So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Oh yeah .. and Jazz will love this, one of the officials admitted to thinking to himself, "Where's Dickau now? Wouldn't they love it if he was still with them.'

Sigh.................

Comment

Working...
      X