• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagMania
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

Espn 360

Tomorrow nights game appears to be on ESPN 360. You have to have a compatible ISP in order to get it, and I know that mine isn't. Therefore, this thread is about finding ways to get around this for everyone in the same situation. I did some searching today before the game trying to find ways to watch ESPNU and found this site that seems to work for ESPN 360, but it just appears to show highlights, so I'm not sure if this is actually what ESPN 360 is or not.

The site is http://www.channelchooser.com/ and if you click on sports on the left hand side it will expand. You then click on ESPN 360 and it will pop up in a new window. Not sure if this will work but if we all look around and try things hopefully we can all watch the game tomorrow night.
  • MDABE80
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Great post ZM!! Clear as a bell ! Amazing what the net has. Again...thanx....everyone should try it.

Comment

• Rubbadub
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

After watching the quality of play by both TT and the Zags, I really hope ESPN is smart enough to switch to broadcasting this game on one of their various cable networks.
      sigpic Just Foo'in around.

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
        Zag for Life
        • Apr 2007

I have Verizon DSL, and it carries ESPN 360..lucky for me

Comment

• ZagDaddy
          Kennel Club Material
          • Feb 2007

A 360 Degree Bad Idea

I'm not in a habit of posting here anymore but I really feel that I had to say something about ESPN360 and why I think this is a very bad idea. If it is successful it could change much of what we like about the internet.

What ESPN is attempting to do is apply a cable TV business model to the internet. They are in essence trying to turn ISPs into content specific providers. In other words, they would like to see a world where Internet Service Providers offer access to certain websites such as their own ESPN360. The end user (you) would not have control over what websites you can and cannot get to or can or cannot subscribe.

While it's not completely clear what ESPN is demanding from ISPs--such as Verizon that choose to play along--it's a pretty safe bet that they paying ESPN a fee per Verizon subscriber. What this means is that Verizon is passing that cost down to you. If you couldn't give a darn about ever viewing anything on ESPN360 too bad because you are going to subsidize those who do.

If ESPN is successful consider the fallout. What would stop a company such as Google from doing the same thing? They certainly would have a lot more clout because an ISP that doesn't offer access to Google would not be around for very long.

If you love your cable or satellite company and enjoy dealing with the packages they offer then call your ISP and beg them to sign on with ESPN. If not you might consider letting them and ESPN know what you think about this plan.

It's also interesting to note from where the majority of the games ESPN is covering this holiday weekend are originating: Anaheim and Orlando. From that you should be able to guess who ESPN's parent company is and why they would have little interest in covering GAS.

Go Zags!

Comment

• Zagaholic
            Bulldog Fan
            • Feb 2007

Yeah the Anaheim and Orlando tournaments are major conflicts of interest for ESPN, and after I found out who runs those tournaments I understood why the GAS is getting the shaft, tv-wise. It's a real shame and I am not sure what the future of the GAS will be if it stays this poorly televised in the future.

Comment

• TheZagPhish
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Nice post, ZDaddy. I agree and am worried.

We pay for cable, pay for high speed internet, and then pay again for select content on those media while the advertising is still wall to wall. Increasing layers of cost structure being added (and past on to you and me) whilst demand is fanned like flames. ESPN / Disney knows what it's doing. Let's hope that 360 never starts to generate big dollars, or the precedent you're forecasting could metastasize.
              Last edited by TheZagPhish; 11-23-2007, 09:50 AM. Reason: Grammar
              Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• bayzag09
                Banned
                • Feb 2007

is radio still an option? if so, what was the address again?

Comment

• zzzjag
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Feb 2007

360 quality?

i was able to install and access the espn360 but it is not 'like watching tv' at least for my system. Alot of starts/stops and sputters. I think it may be very frustrating to watch live.

I wonder if anyone else had the same problems and suggestions to fix?

Comment

• Rubbadub
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

What are the minimum system requirements needed to watch ESPN360.com videos?
                    We recommend the following for the best experience:

PC
                    Processor Speed: 1.5 Ghz
                    Memory: 512 MB of RAM
                    Operating System:Windows XP
                    Browsers: Internet Explorer 6+ and Mozilla Firefox 2.0+
                    Plugins: Adobe Flash Player 8+
                    Screen Resolution: 1024x768 or higher with 32-bit color
                    Connection Speed: 768 Kbps

Mac
                    Processor Speed: 1.5 Ghz
                    Memory: 512 MB of RAM
                    Operating System:OSX
                    Browsers: Mozilla Firefox 2.0+, Safari 2.0
                    Plugins: Adobe Flash Player 8+
                    Screen Resolution: 1024x768 or higher with 32-bit color
                    Connection Speed: 768 Kbps
                    sigpic Just Foo'in around.

Comment

• deathchina
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Mar 2007

I got espn360 to run pretty smoothly....I'm gonna use a cable to directly connect to my router as opposed to using my wireless connection to prevent any other possible snags tonight.

Comment

• Gunzawguh
                        Bulldog Fan
                        • Feb 2007

I pulled this from a Georgetowbn board...

I'm not an authority by any means, but it seems that the ESPN360 site (portal, really) requires the user to have a Verizon IP address, or it blocks the stream.

Fortunately, ESPN uses a fairly simple address to stream the video via .asx (this is the media stream that is embedded within the ESPN360 portal). At least through last season, a few of us were able to ferret out the stream addresses for available games by trial-and-error and post them in the chatroom. I don't know if this will still be the case this season. However, I suspect that so long as there is someone with Verizon ISP in the chatroom, we should be able to post a working link to the game (but no promises).

Anyone on here with Verizon know how to do this?

Comment

• KSTATEZAG
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ZagMania View Post
                          Tomorrow nights game appears to be on ESPN 360. You have to have a compatible ISP in order to get it, and I know that mine isn't. Therefore, this thread is about finding ways to get around this for everyone in the same situation. I did some searching today before the game trying to find ways to watch ESPNU and found this site that seems to work for ESPN 360, but it just appears to show highlights, so I'm not sure if this is actually what ESPN 360 is or not.

The site is http://www.channelchooser.com/ and if you click on sports on the left hand side it will expand. You then click on ESPN 360 and it will pop up in a new window. Not sure if this will work but if we all look around and try things hopefully we can all watch the game tomorrow night.
                          Will this work for people who aren't in the ESPN360 isp network.
                          I've got comcast but am at work right now...anybody with comcast having anylook with channelchooser.com?

Comment

• Rhettman
                            Redshirt
                            • Nov 2007

As far as radio goes ...

Go to http://www.1510kga.com/ and click "listen Live" about a 2 minute delay, but better than nothing

Comment

• bayzag09
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Rhettman View Post
                              Go to http://www.1510kga.com/ and click "listen Live" about a 2 minute delay, but better than nothing
                              thanks Rhettman

Comment

Working...
                              X