PDA

View Full Version : Jim Meehan's Spokesman Blog and Blanchette Column

ZagNative
11-22-2007, 02:01 PM
I enjoyed both Jim Meehan's Blog (http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/sportslink/archive/?postID=6504#more) today and Blanchette's column, which is linked in the blog.

I liked this from Meehan's blog:

Few tries to make an annual fishing trip to Alaska. Senior forward David Pendergraft hopes to do the same in the future.

My younger brother the next three years is going to bush-pilot (in Alaska) so hopefully Ill get to spend some time fishing, Pendergraft said. Hes in the aviation program at Central Washington and thats what hes doing for his hours. Next year will be his first in Alaska and Im looking forward to maybe getting dropped off somewhere.

Does it surprise anyone that Pendo would have a younger brother who's a bush pilot in Alaska?

As an aside: For some reason, the Review has messed with the interface on the site, makes it harder for this little peabrain to zero in on Zags news. Wonder why they did that??? :(

Nevtelen
11-22-2007, 03:43 PM
From his earlier "preparation for Alaska" entry (the WKU coach talks about GU):

Theyre the most difficult defensive preparation weve seen because theyre so balanced and interchangeable. Its like they have five guys and they all play different spots. Im still trying to figure out what position Austin Daye plays.

Heh. Hopefully they don't figure it out by 4 hours from now... :)

Butler Guy
11-22-2007, 03:48 PM
if this writer has roots in Illinois? He and myself share a last name.

Ziggy
11-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks ZgNtv. It's so hard to read the AP wire feed on all the sites: refreshing to get the local spin.