PDA

View Full Version : Butler's still raining three's

sullyzag66
11-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Butler has 13 three's with 11 minutes left. They're up 60-48 against Michigan. Campbell, a senior who never started a game before this year, has six of those three's. As I was typing this, Butler hit another three. They're up 69-50 with eight minutes to go.

LynetteG
11-21-2007, 09:38 PM
CONGRATS TO BUTLER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michigan 65 Final

(22) Butler 79

CDC84
11-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Butler finished with 17 three pointers.

Michigan is in absolute, total rebuilding mode. That bunch had about as much of a chance of beating a team like Butler as a real estate agent does selling beachfront property in Nebraska to posters on this board.

Zagdawg
11-21-2007, 10:29 PM
We will get to see where our 3 pt defense is to start the year if we run into Butler in the final.

At least we will have the advantage inside on them-- Will we use our bigs to our advantage against them?

Butler is going to be tough--

tyra
11-21-2007, 11:04 PM
I am unafraid. This year's defense will effectively stop Butler. Graves will be rendered much less effective (Who guards him? Micah? Larry? Doesn't matter. He won't go off on us like he did last year and against Michigan tonight.) Campbell will have a harder time against height. I am unafraid. I hasten to add that I hooked up with AKZag at the game. He IS afraid. Well, his word was "wary." I hope we get to the final and I hope it is against Butler.

ZagNative
11-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Oh, Tyra! You're here at last, and with a positive report! Please, just hold me until I pull myself together, for I am sore afraid!

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3541/justholdmequ0.jpg

Is it safe to move the furniture away from the doors? Have the barbarians from the east departed?

sittingon50
11-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Nice win. Your guys came out firin'.

RenoZag
11-22-2007, 05:18 AM
I vote for "wary" in re: Butler.

Until I see this edition of the Zags defeat a team like Butler by containing the damage done by 3 PT shooting. . .well, you know the rest.

Let's hope we find out against WKU how good the "D" really is.

Go Zags !

Zagaholic
11-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Butler looked tough. I was at the game too. They reminded me somewhat of the Gonzaga teams of the late 90's, lots of veteran players. They always made the extra pass, swung the ball around the perimeter effectively and took and made a lot of 3's. It was pretty obvious that Michigan is still learning that 1-3-1 zone. I think Butler will win their half of the bracket, although I didn't stick around for the VT-EWU game, so I don't know how good VT is exactly. I was just impressed by Butler. But the Butler big men would be vulnerable against GU. I am hoping for a Bulldogs-Bulldogs finale!

However I am worried about WKU. First things first.

Larryzag
11-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Butler finished with 17 three pointers.

Michigan is in absolute, total rebuilding mode. That bunch had about as much of a chance of beating a team like Butler as a real estate agent does selling beachfront property in Nebraska to posters on this board.

I've been looking and there is no beach front property in Nebraska! But I do own some ocean front property in Kansas. Let me know if you are interested.

Butler Guy
11-22-2007, 08:51 AM
listening the national guys describe last night, that's how they always shoot. There wasn't anything special about that game, in fact, they were actually pretty limited due to foul trouble. I've said it many times, and I suppose I can say it again. There isn't a team in the country that can run out shooters that match Butler's and because the NCAA rewards shots outside of the arc with 50% more than they do inside the arc, they can beat anyone in the country on a good shooting day.

Did you all like that team assist/turnover ratio :)

Good luck tonight West Coast Bulldogs.