PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ford 2008 Draft First Rounders

spokzagis
11-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Freshman to Watch other than the obvious.

Several other freshmen are projected as first-rounders this season, including Syracuse's Donte Green, Arizona's Jerryd Bayless, Oklahoma's Blake Griffin, Gonzaga's Austin Daye and Florida's Nick Calathes.

Its still way to early to tell based off our competition but, we are going to find out more in the weeks to come.

CDC84
11-21-2007, 12:29 PM
I am only guessing here, but the reason why Ford might not be mentioning Gordon in the same breath as Rose/Mayo is because he is kind of a tweener at the next level. He is 6-3. He's smaller than your average shooting guard, but he's not a point guard. The truth be told, Gordon is such an explosive athlete and dynamic scorer that he's going to be a high lottery pick, but I would imagine if the scouts have one concern with him, it's the tweener thing.

I wasn't all too impressed by Bayless the other night against UVA. He is simply not a point guard at this point in his career. However, unlike Gordon, I have some questions about his ability to function as an off guard at the next level. And if he comes back to Arizona next year, I would imagine he will be put at off guard with Jennings at the point.

MBZags
11-21-2007, 01:36 PM
That's true, CDC, but Dwyane Wade, a freekish athlete at 6'4", didn't have a problem adjusting.

CDC84
11-21-2007, 02:12 PM
That's true, CDC, but Dwyane Wade, a freekish athlete at 6'4", didn't have a problem adjusting.

Well, according to a lot of folks, Wade is also one of the best 3-4 players in the NBA when healthy, and even he didn't get picked until #7 in the 2003 draft. Also, I think Gordon looks more like 6-2 than 6-3 to me. Either way, I think he's just too good to not have a big impact. I'm just saying that this might be the reason why Ford may have Gordon a tier below Rose/Mayo. I am not saying Ford is right.

GDaleZag
11-21-2007, 03:42 PM
he didn't get picked until #7 in the 2003 draft.

he went number 5 in 2003.

CDC84
11-21-2007, 03:56 PM
I got Wade's pick number from a bad site then. Like, how hard is it to have an official draft list in correct order!

GDaleZag
11-21-2007, 06:09 PM
that and how do you mistake Wade for the actual 7th pick in that draft, kirk hinrich. looks like that site needs an update.