PDA

View Full Version : Moving up!!

young julez
11-21-2007, 07:06 AM
The ladies recieved 13 votes in the latest ESPN/USA Today poll

I expect them to back up the 3-0 record with a solid showing and win over Marquette.

BobZag
11-21-2007, 09:05 AM
The ladies recieved 13 votes in the latest ESPN/USA Today poll

I expect them to back up the 3-0 record with a solid showing and win over Marquette.

Marquette knocked off then-#25 Wisconsin already and I see is 26th in the polls, so this Friday's game will be huuuuuge. I can hardly wait. I was surprised at how the ladies made Montana look, well, look real bad. We'll find out at what level GU is at in a couple days.

Vote by vote. :)

When is Viv's finger going to be good to go? She'll make this team even better than it is now.

Oldsport
11-21-2007, 10:32 AM
"When is Viv's finger going to be good to go?"

Not for the Marquette game but during the upcoming road trip and before the Tennessee game on December 16th at Knoxville.

Our Lady Zags,......only getting better!:)

young julez
11-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Marquette just got beat by U of Oregon last night by 1 point so I am sure they feel that they have a point to make...
Vivian went to the doctor on Monday hoping that they would let her tape it up and play, but they told her she still has two weeks to go. December 3rd she should be good to go. If they actually hold her to that she will miss playing during the Arizona trip :(
Tennessee is a big game for her, like all girl basketball players she wanted to go to Tennessee. As a sophomore she attended a elite camp there along with some of the current UT players when they were still in HS (including Candace Parker).
She is very anxious to get out there. The only thing keeping her upbeat now it is that the team is doing really well so far without her and I am sure if you watch the games you will notice she is practicing her coaching skills : )

Zagfan
11-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Good win for Oregon last night but Marquette was missing their all-american Krystal Ellis, the current Big East Player of the Week who had 31 vs. Wisconsin last night. My guess is that she'll be back for Friday's game. I'm sure Marquette will come out hungry.

BobZag
11-21-2007, 04:46 PM
I saw that Marquette's star guard sprained her knee and missed the Oregon game. If they bring her back too soon, it could be bad news for them in the end. Knees are nothing to fool with, especially with girls.

But nonetheless I wonder if Krystal Ellis is really any better than Mandy Morales of Montana. Morales is very, very good and I thought the Zags did a great job of defending her. Also, looking at MU's starting lineup sans Ellis... There's no player who is even close to 10ppg, which kinda tells me the supporting cast for Ellis is quite average. I'm not saying MU is awful except for Ellis, far from it, but only Ellis appears to be a legit offensive threat.

I like our chances.

Can't wait for Viv to heal up and be ready. She'll add athleticism and more firepower inside; she has improved vastly from frosh to soph. Her attitude is wonderful as she heals up on the sidelines.

Oldsport
11-26-2007, 02:02 PM
"When is Viv's finger going to be good to go?"

Not for the Marquette game but during the upcoming road trip and before the Tennessee game on December 16th at Knoxville.

Our Lady Zags,......only getting better!:)

UPDATE

Vivian's finger problem should be cleared for play on December 3rd. If so, it is then up to Coach Graves when she will return to the lineup.

Go Vivian!!;)