PDA

View Full Version : No margin for error

HillBillyZag
11-20-2007, 10:01 PM
UCLA, Memphis, Duke, Michigan State, Marquette,Davidson, and St. Marys all looked real good to me this week. GU will have to be 100% healthy and bring their "A" game to stay with any of these teams.I'm not being negative, but we will have to show a marked improvement if we intend to get to the sweet 16.

CDC84
11-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Duke was particularly impressive tonight. They looked really good on offense, which wasn't the case much of last season.

Zagpower
11-21-2007, 07:11 AM
I was most impressed with Marquette. They returned all five starters from a pretty good team last year.

zag67
11-21-2007, 07:18 AM
I agree that all of those teams look good. I am mostly empressed with how atheletic all of those teams were and how the pressured the ball all of the time. Being deep (to allow subs) and not loosing much is going to be very important.
There are going to be some fun teams to watch, including our own.

john montana
11-21-2007, 07:22 AM
I was impressed with duke last night (i'm a fan though) mainly because they scored without forcing a ton of turnovers. they are really athletic and quick, but pretty young and not very big. if they can force other teams into a scramble, they'll be tough to beat.

ucla is ugly...but effective.

drnoe
11-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Marquette is definitely the real deal...they should be the top team in the Big East. I read that their coach had the team take tae kwon do...it shows, because they are in excellent shape. UCLA has been ugly ever since Howland showed up, but they definitely look to be another Final 4 team, thanks to Love.

john montana
11-21-2007, 08:53 AM
i thought Love would elevate ucla's offensive game...hasn't happened yet!

man, are they hard to watch.

drnoe
11-21-2007, 09:36 AM
i thought Love would elevate ucla's offensive game...hasn't happened yet!

man, are they hard to watch.

Many predicted that Love would score only about 15/game...so far, he's averaging 20 plus/game with double digit rebounds. When Collison and Roll return, their offense will pickup. Love will continue to put up big numbers, which they haven't gotten from a big man in many years. The chemistry between Love and Collison will pay big dividends. But yes, they are hard to watch.

HillBillyZag
11-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Michigan State ran four(4) GOOD big men at Love and he fouled out two of them and the others had over 3 fouls each. He more than held his own. I have no luv for the UCLAns but this kid is the goods. As I stated in another thread, you give me Love, Brockman,Pendo Harangody and a good point guard and I'd play anyone anytime, anywhere. These guys are don't soar, they WAR, they're just tough, and they know what it takes to win.