• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SintoZag
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

Two observations

I was reading the police report and reading all of the threads on the cheney situation an a couple of things struck me as odd that no one seams to be talking about.

Has anyone picked up on the part of the Cheney officers police report where he talks about getting a personal phone call from female EWU basketball player? To me, it appears the Theo and Heytvelt were following her car on their way to her house and she is pleading with this guy to get them out sprung from the traffic stop. Why does a EWU basketball player have the personal cell phone number of a Cheney cop? There was one thread about all the GU players being drug tested this week, shouldn't EWU be testing there players since I doubt those shroom brownies were all for Theo and Josh.

Secondly, everyone talks about Josh pleading out, which is all fine and good since it was a first offence, but isn't there another option. I know it would be narcing, but I think the Cheney police and the EWU police would be very interested to find out where Josh got the shrooms and were Theo took his "bong hit"

These are just my thoughts on a couple of items that have not been talked about. Also, In all this I am glad to see that no one thinks that other basketball players at GU and every other College do not smoke weed on a regular bases. I knew it happen when I went GU and I am not suprised it is happening now.
    Last edited by SintoZag; 02-21-2007, 12:15 PM.
  • tobizag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

sinto,

in regards to the EWU thing...

I had heard on campus that Josh and Theo were on their way to party with the EWU women's team, but I hadn't seen anything documented. Where did you see that?

Thanks for bringing up some very interesting points.
    sigpic

GU Class of '07

Comment

• SintoZag
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2007

here is the source

Check out page 8 of the detailed police report posted by the Spokesman

Serving the Inland Northwest since 1883. Spokesman.com provides breaking and in-depth coverage of Spokane area news, sports and community.

Comment

• gamagin
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

2 questions

Josh says the shrooms found in his ride were someone else's. a friend's. Here's hoping if/when he id's the other person, it's not another player.

my guess is if they actually do belong to someone else, JH will have to identify that person as part of whatever settlement or deal he & his lawyer can negotiate.

in either case, the real owner, if it's not JH, could also be looking at charges.
        Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
        Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
        Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• roxdoc
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Doing weed is one thing - one+ ounces of LSD mushrooms is another. Thats why one is a felony and the other is not. "Everybody does weed" has nothing to do with the gravity of the situation and why consequences may be severe.

Comment

• 229SintoZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Paging SintoZag

Check your message box--I sent you a response a week or two ago and have heard nothing.

229 Sinto

Comment

• SintoZag
              Kennel Club Material
              • Feb 2007

I am not sure who you are quoting, but I am would never imply that shrooms and ### are equal.

Comment

• sullyzag66
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gamagin View Post
                Josh says the shrooms found in his ride were someone else's. a friend's. Here's hoping if/when he id's the other person, it's not another player.

my guess is if they actually do belong to someone else, JH will have to identify that person as part of whatever settlement or deal he & his lawyer can negotiate.

in either case, the real owner, if it's not JH, could also be looking at charges.
                Who the friend might be and whether is was a teammate concerned me, too. He apparently identified the other backpack as belonging to a friend who had borrowed the car. The backpack, which did not have his name on it, did have "Basketball Hall of Fame Challenge" written on it. In addition, this friend apparently is a horticulturist.

Comment

• xjzico
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Feb 2007

At first I just assumed Josh had 1/8 ounce and thought, "no big deal". But an ounce? Thank goodness he didn't have any plastic baggies.
                  We lost, we won; either way we had fun. - Eduardo Galeano

Comment

• roxdoc
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Sorry - wasn't blasting you Sintozag. There are several on this forum that continue to shrug this off as a MJ thing that "everybody" does. Just venting!

Comment

• SintoZag
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Feb 2007

I gotcha, I agree that "everybody" is terrible excuse.

Comment

• devod
                        Redshirt
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SintoZag View Post
                        I was reading the police report and reading all of the threads on the cheney situation an a couple of things struck me as odd that no one seams to be talking about.

Has anyone picked up on the part of the Cheney officers police report where he talks about getting a personal phone call from female EWU basketball player? To me, it appears the Theo and Heytvelt were following her car on their way to her house and she is pleading with this guy to get them out sprung from the traffic stop. Why does a EWU basketball player have the personal cell phone number of a Cheney cop? There was one thread about all the GU players being drug tested this week, shouldn't EWU be testing there players since I doubt those shroom brownies were all for Theo and Josh.

Secondly, everyone talks about Josh pleading out, which is all fine and good since it was a first offence, but isn't there another option. I know it would be narcing, but I think the Cheney police and the EWU police would be very interested to find out where Josh got the shrooms and were Theo took his "bong hit"

These are just my thoughts on a couple of items that have not been talked about. Also, In all this I am glad to see that no one thinks that other basketball players at GU and every other College do not smoke weed on a regular bases. I knew it happen when I went GU and I am not suprised it is happening now.
                        Also, what is wrong with this picture?

After the traffic stop, two Eastern Washington University police officers arrived. One of those EWU officers walked to the rear of Heytvelt's vehicle and saw a bag of mushrooms in the cargo area, according to court records.

The officer said he saw the bag of mushrooms protruding out of a black backpack next to another backpack that had Heytvelt's name and jersey number embroidered on the front.
                        From the actual detailed police report:

Officer Kusler observed in plain view through the rear window, a clear plastic bag of dried mushrooms with caps and stems protruding out of a black backpack.

I can't see through the rear windows of a Chevy Trailblazer on a sunny day when the sun is directly opposite. Is that police officer really attempting to establish that he saw the details of a plastic bag in the back of a dark SUV with 40% tint in the middle of the night on a dark street?

I know everyone is trying to cover their own when it comes to lawful search and seizure, but that is ridiculous. There is no way to make out any detail through that kind of tint even with a flash light shining on the window.

Comment

• FuManShoes
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by roxdoc View Post
                          Doing weed is one thing - one+ ounces of LSD mushrooms is another. Thats why one is a felony and the other is not. "Everybody does weed" has nothing to do with the gravity of the situation and why consequences may be severe.
                          The law states any amount of mushrooms is a felony. To be sure, an ounce of shrooms is a lot. Assuming they were Josh's, I'm tempted to ask again, "Why does it seem athletes always get caught with more drugs than any man, woman or child could possibly use by themselves?" Dumb! Regardless, I there'e room for debate about whether a wee bit of the magic stuff should be considered a freakin' felony.
                          “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• ExtremeJim
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SintoZag View Post
                            Why does a EWU basketball player have the personal cell phone number of a Cheney cop?
                            This was explained in a KREM.com video last night:

It's not so much that she is an EWU basketball player, but that she is a female EWU student. That particular officer was formerly assigned to some sort of rape prevention program on campus, and his personal cell number was made available at various awareness meetings, in dorms, etc. Hundreds of female students had his personal cell number, and were evidently encouraged to have it, and to call him directly. She also texted him while the arrest was in progress, and the message can be viewed in the cited video.

Comment

• Bulldog
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Feb 2007

Set up by the Eagles?

Only a couple of people know the answer to this question. I'm sure we don't know the whole story. Regardless, they were in Cheney at midnight before a big game. But the consequences between the two scenarios are quite different.
                              "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Comment

Working...
                              X