PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Zags . . .

PeninsulaDog
02-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Tickets are still available for Saturday's game -- I just purchased two online. Go to www.usfdons.com, and click on the "Buy Tickets Online" link. They're nose-bleeders, but at least I'll be in the room. I'll be taking my oldest daughter who will be very excited to be there. It'll be her second Zag game. Well, technically her first. Almost exactly eight years ago, my wife was 7 months pregnant with her, and we attended the GU-USF game here. As we were leaving the post-game alumni function and saying goodbye to Father Tony, he made the sign of the cross on my wife's abdomen and said, "Bless this life." How could a kid ask for a better start? But I digress . . . tickets are available!

lothar98zag
02-21-2007, 01:22 PM
I'll be there too. Hopefully any Zag currently w/o a ticket can get one online before the game sells out.

(Remember, the game time has changed. It is now @ 12:30)

ZagPants
02-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Last year when I attempted to attend a GU at USF game, I showed up to find the place completely overrun and no way to even get close to my seats that had been taken by SF students. Obviously the venue was far over capacity.

Many people complained and were offered refunds (mine never materialized). I'd get there extra early just in case.

Akzag
02-21-2007, 02:59 PM
The Dons haven't sold out the game yet?

I guess that means there won't be any legs dangling over the ledges this year ...

Just in case though, do one of you Bay Area Zags have the phone number for the Fire Marshal on speed dial? ;)

bulldogshawn
02-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Game management at USF has changed this year to prevent the overflow that occured last year. It should be a much better (safer) atmosphere this year, or at least I hope so!

Akzag
02-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Is that you, DonInSpokane?

bulldogshawn
02-21-2007, 04:07 PM
yes

edit (to clarify for those who don't know):
I'm a huge dons fan, I love their team. I think that in the next few seasons they'll be challenging GU in the WCC consistently, even with our great incoming classes. They have recruited very well and if they can stay healthy they have the potential to push the WCC into a much stronger position, where we can consistently have 2 teams in the big dance.

lothar98zag
02-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Game management at USF has changed this year to prevent the overflow that occured last year. It should be a much better (safer) atmosphere this year, or at least I hope so!
...no AMMO sideshow...GU isn't ranked...USF's so-so record...

I think the crowd will be ok and everyone should be able to sit in the seat they paided for...

BoltZag
02-21-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm a huge dons fan, I love their team.

Ok, but surely you can't stand that whining cry-baby Jessie Evans. He is by far the biggest (and most vocal) Gonzaga-hater in the WCC.

bulldogshawn
02-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Why should I hate a guy for speaking his opinion? And is there a difference between being a Gonzaga hater and saying negative things about Gonzaga?

I say plenty of negative things about Gonzaga (in particular Heytvelt at this time) as do many other posters on this board (Jazz comes to mind). Don't for a second confuse this with hating Gonzaga, there is a huge difference.

Jesse is a good guy, but he definitely has his own team first in his mind (rightfully so) and will stand up for his team in any situation. I've got no problem with that, and in fact I admire it.

BoltZag
02-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Why should I hate a guy for speaking his opinion?

Hate is strong word, buddy...and I never used it. I don't think he hates GU. If you respect opinions so much, you'll certainly respect that I just get tired of listening to him whine about "home-court officiating" in the Kennel and the "undeniable unfairness" of Gonzaga hosting the WCC tourney.

StocktonZag
02-21-2007, 05:22 PM
All we need to do is figure out how to get them to who can use them. We have a family commitment and with the game time changing...DRAT!!

I'm in Stockton now & will be in downtown SF financial district Saturday morning. My location is about 3 miles from the Gym (319 Grant Avenue).

If anyone is interested, let me know ASAP & we will coordinate particulars via private messages, email, phone etc.

GoZags can vouch for me, if anyone has any concerns about authenticity of this offer.

I want ZagFans in these seats!!!

zagirl2k
02-21-2007, 08:20 PM
The 2k family will be there (better known as the Slugs) with the little one who is trying to get her first victory. Hope to see some other Zag fans there!

Is the whole Lothar clan coming?

bulldogshawn
02-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Little one's first game? Or did she start off her career with an L?

zagirl2k
02-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Little one's first game? Or did she start off her career with an L?

Sadly, she was at the St. Mary's game so started out with an L (though technically she was at several wins last season). But she got sick right afterwards so I will blame it on that. Either way, she looked darn cute!

http://images.costcophotocenter.com/349535948%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D693%3D62%3A%3DXROQD F%3E23237583696%3C7ot1lsi

bulldogshawn
02-21-2007, 09:19 PM
She ready to be a Zag already, getting sick after each loss! Whadaya say she stays healthy for the next month and a half?

lothar98zag
02-22-2007, 03:42 PM
The 2k family will be there (better known as the Slugs) with the little one who is trying to get her first victory. Hope to see some other Zag fans there!

Is the whole Lothar clan coming?
The 3 of us will be at the USF game. Section BB.