PDA

View Full Version : Article from the Hillsboro Paper about Poling Signing Letter of Intent

ZagNative
11-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Hillsboro Argus (http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/argus/index.ssf?/base/sports/119550003580670.xml&coll=6)

Good luck to Andy this coming season.

brasszag
11-19-2007, 11:33 AM
With all the pessimism surrounding his gluten intolerance related weight loss, I 'm glad to see him being successful at coming back.

I'm sure he'll be a great Zag - we're going to have such a solid lineup of big men his Frosh year - Sacre, Heytvelt, Poling, and Foster.

pbriz
11-19-2007, 11:56 AM
that I really like. I think the allergy will in the end benefit him because he will be tougher. He still has a whole year to put on weight and chances are he will show up at GU at around 240. He has all the skills to be successful and I think we really got a gem in this one. Before the allergy he was a top 15 recruit overall-something we have never achieved in recruiting. Can't wait to see how his season progresses.... any portlanders care to keep us updated on his stats?

jim77
11-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Congrats Andy!

jake
11-19-2007, 03:52 PM
I hope to see Andy play once or twice this year. For me he is a hard guy to get a read on. He's always been skilled for a big man and when I saw him play sophomore year I liked his potential. That being said, even at that time I thought, in my admittedly non-expert opinion, he was a little over-ranked. That is a relative statement though. I'm not saying he's not good, just that I'd be surprised if at any time he was top-15 in the country for his class. I'll gladly be proved wrong and am hoping he has a great senior year.