PDA

View Full Version : Tv Information/resource

Birddog
11-19-2007, 06:15 AM
Since there have been many questions re ESPNU and other TV questions, here is a short guide.

As I stated in another post, if the "sports bar" you are considering doesn't utilize satellite service, then they really aren't a "sports bar". It is wise to call ahead when you are planning on going to sports bar and make sure they will or can show the game in question. Sometimes if they are busy, it takes a while for the TV guy to find the right channel and get it onto a screen. Go early to make sure this is done by gametime. Don't mess around talking to a wait person or host(ess), they usually don't know squat about what is on the TV or if they can get the channel you want. Go right to the bar, that's where the contols frequently are, or at least someone who knows about the controls.

Here is the guide for DirecTV's "Sports Pack"
http://directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/channelChart2.jsp?assetId=1100069

ESPNU is channel 609
FSNNW is 651

On Dish Network, ESPNU is included with America's Top 100 pkg ( if I read their site correctly), the Fox regionals are in their Sports pkg for an additional $5.99 Here is a link for them. Do your own navigation, their site is a little awkward if you ask me.
http://www.dishnetwork.com/redirects/promotion/offer12/index.shtml?R=cf&WT.srch=1&gclid=CIOKwKGW6Y8CFQ1kWAodbzIoCA

The only hangup with viewing in a Sports Bar or at home (satellite viewers) for that matter, is when the game is shown on Fox College Sports Pacific (Atlantic etc). To the best of my knowledge, those channels are not in the commercial pkgs either, so if a bar or home relies on satellite, you're screwed. The only out would be if a bar utilized both satellite and cable for it's TV's and I doubt you'll find that.

If you call ahead, be ready with the channel # for the Fox channel you wish to watch, any bar should know the number for ESPNU. This is especially true for those of us that don't live in the Northwest.
Happy viewing,
Birddog

Please post corrections and additions below.

zagfaninmt
11-19-2007, 06:46 AM
With Dish Network, you will need to buy the America's Top 250 to get ESPNU and get the Multi-Sport Package for $5.95/month to get the FSN channels.

jazzdelmar
11-19-2007, 06:46 AM
IYO, is espn FC worth the $100???

Birddog
11-19-2007, 06:52 AM
IYO, is espn FC worth the $100???
I've had DirecTV for 10 years now and never purchased "Full Court". You'd have to be a complete junkie to justify it, and then the $100 would pale in comparison to the charges you'd be (or should be) paying to your shrink/psychologist. There is so much available on the ESPN's , FOXes, etc, that I can't see it, even when a GU game is part of the schedule.

Birddog