PDA

View Full Version : Put your money where your keyboard is...

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
02-20-2007, 11:56 PM
How far does this Zag team make it?

My Personal Prediction -

Sweeps WCC - locks auto bid - from here out based on nothing but attitude and a 3/4 guard rotation (this is guard U after all)

12 seed in the tournament (slight rebuke from the committee - should be a 10/11 but they give us a good match up albeit a million miles from home) - GU delivers on the proverbial 12/5 upset (good for TV, blows away every bracket on the East Coast (except the Memphis fans who watched the game - sub text yes, I know Tennessee doesn't touch the Atlantic, but it touches the Mississippi - same thing - if you can't see the Rockies or beyond - you're east coast)

Makes the 16 loses a heartbreaker to the eight - the pundits fall all over themselves with heart felt stories about the Zags courage through adversity etc....how they believed all along..and we hear how the mids will never compete at the same level (Blah Blah Fricking Blah CBS - one shining middle finger) - Spokane should give the team a parade.

(My theory - when in doubt make your predictions detailed, thereby opening yourself to muchas criticism from the down-hearted nit-picky, find fault in anything (as long as your anonymity is preserved on the web through ridiculous handles like mine) Zags' fans based on either your hyperbolic optimism or the sheer, unimaginable impossibility of your premonitions.)

I'll send a 12er to whomever gets it right (unless it's a WCC/NCAA one-and doner who deserves no respect for an abysmal lack of faith)

Next year - final four;) who knows after all

zaguarxj
02-21-2007, 10:12 AM
With 7:23 left in the 2nd half against SCU the Zags will be down by 13 points. At this point, DR will be knocked to the floor by a hard foul from Bryant. When Danny Pariseau walks by without grabbing Derek's outstretched hand to help him up, Raivio becomes so incensed by the breach of etiquette that he undergoes an Incredible Hulk type of transformation, turning into a slightly green, 6'11" 280lb monster who can shoot 3's from anywhere on the court. The Zags win by 7 and 3 SCU players have to be hospitalized. They go on to win the NCAA tourney, winning games by an average of 23.7 points. The Gonzaga coaching staff learns that they just have to keep Raivio angry so that he stays "Hulked" by exposing him to bad manners before games.

In an interview with Jeremy Pargo after the WCC final, Pargo says "We was kind of scared at first, you know, with Derek all Hulked up and everything. But when we saw he wasn't going to eat us or nothin', we just relaxed and played. I feel kind of sorry for those SCU players, though. I hope they'll be ok."

FineAtTheDine
02-21-2007, 10:22 AM
You haven't been eating anything out of Heytfeldt's gym bag?:rolleyes:

thickman1
02-21-2007, 11:04 AM

:eek:

LongIslandZagFan
02-21-2007, 11:13 AM

For the love of God people... learn to spell the players' names. :mad:

It is Heytvelt...not Heytfelt, not Heytfeldt, or any other variation.

I don't think it is too much to ask to make the effort.

zaglawdad
02-21-2007, 11:25 AM
LongIsland,
Refer to the thread Josh and Theo - a case of mistaken identity. The evidence photo of the back pack has Josh's name spelled Heytfelt. Maybe Thickman1 was playing off of that.

zaguarxj
02-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Aw c'mon, I was trying to lighten things up around here. Please don't hijack this thread into yet another rehash of recent events (pun intended).

gozagswoohoo
02-21-2007, 12:01 PM
We're just trying to weed out bad spelling (pun intended again)

TCS88
02-21-2007, 12:54 PM
OMG Zaguarxj that was seriously funny, and nice reply Fine. Hey LIZF, I'm all for correct spelling and grammar, but sometimes it's best to let things go before they mushroom out of control.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
02-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Aw c'mon, I was trying to lighten things up around here. Please don't hijack this thread into yet another rehash of recent events (pun intended).

I thought it'd be fun while we have a few days between games, now that we've seen the team win/lose with and without JH/Davis etc. Apparently the temptation to whip out amazingly talented spelling police and thread highjackers was unbearable and hence....I thought the first response was great, funny and imaginative...Oh well F it.

lothar98zag
02-21-2007, 01:48 PM
IMHO, spelling and grammer errors (in general) shouldn't be a big deal, but spelling people's names correctly is a must, especially when the team they're on is the reason for this forum.

btw, zaguarxj's post was funny.