PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment is bringing in tall orders...

SportsWriter2007
02-20-2007, 08:56 PM
The fact that Josh Heytvelt and Theo Davis' perdicament brings worries down low. Some of that could be answered by what Gonzaga has and will have. Burgess returning from that ankle sprain helps but the recruitment doesn't hurt either. As many of you posted, there will be 6/9 Big Man from Reno, but who I am more excited for is the son of Greg LaFluer of NFL fame. The guy is 7 ft. 255, and looks like he could be a stand out freshman. With Pargo coming of age, Pendo having seniority, Bouldin learning the system, Downs showing what he can do, and Stephen Grey and the others coming offers high hopes for 08. Just please Few, avoid Continental flights from Coast to Coast.

sanfranzagsguy20
02-20-2007, 10:28 PM
who are you talking about up there in regards to the 6-9 guy from reno and the son of greg lafleur? i may have missed something or are these guys just potential recruits? someone please fill me in if possible...thanks!

FuManShoes
02-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Robert Sacre is the 7-footer from B.C., aka LaFleur's son. Luke Babbitt is the Reno kid, but he hasn't committed yet, right? And lest we forget Austin Daye, who would appear to be a stud in the making ... just get him to the Claimjumper early and often. And Ira Brown .. and Theo if he gets to play .. and LG, if he ever recovers. Lot of ifs in there, but also a lot of studs in waiting.

meadgrad02
02-20-2007, 11:18 PM
pretty sure babbitt is a big if, i haven't read anything that says that he isn't. he has listed us as a top 4 i think, but that doesn't mean anything.

sanfranzagsguy20
02-21-2007, 04:46 AM
ok ya babbitt is the one i was thinking of when reno was mentioned but isnt he in the 08 class? and even if he's an 07 i know he hasnt even come close to giving gu a verbal....from the original post it sounded like he committed and i know we would have heard about that..thanks for clearing it up!

Kiddwell
02-21-2007, 07:04 AM
Coming to Gonzaga two Five-Star "Bigs," according to Rivals (as mentioned elsewhere on this board):

*Austin Daye (SF, 6-10, '07) From SoCal.

*Andy Poling (PF/C, 6-11, '08) From Portland area.

I'm really hoping Reno's Five-Star "Big" Luke Babbitt (PF, 6-8, '08) trips to Spokane to check out the school, coach, and team members prior to making a decision. My understanding is that he's visited his other top choices.

:]

ZagManFan
02-21-2007, 07:06 AM
So Daye is now a 5 star huh? Had been a 4 much of the time. Either way they rank him he will be a stud.